Slow remote response time with Nextbox 8642hd

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
lynx002ca
I've Been Here Awhile

Slow remote response time with Nextbox 8642hd

Hi, I have a Nextbox 8642hd and the wife and I have just about had it with the slow response time of the remote, it's really ridiculous now. Will going to a 4K box help?

**Added Labels**

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: Slow remote response time with Nextbox 8642hd

Yes, going to the 4K box would help, but even the 9865 (Nextbox 3.0) is much faster and usually responds about as quickly as you press the buttons.  There are plenty of used ones for sale on Kijiji or similar for $40-50.  Here's what you need to be aware of when purchasing used.

https://www.digitalhome.ca/threads/guidelines-for-selling-and-buying-a-used-rogers-terminal-in-ontar...

Since Rogers is phasing out Digital Cable and since there is very little 4K material, there's no real reason to go for a 4K box.  You'll be migrating to IgniteTV "soon" (1-2-3 years?) and you may even wish to consider that option soon, although you should read through the various Ignite threads here regarding issues, self installs, etc.

lynx002ca
I've Been Here Awhile

Re: Slow remote response time with Nextbox 8642hd

Thanks for that information!
lynx002ca
I've Been Here Awhile

JustRe: Slow remote response time with Nextbox 8642hd

Just wanted to say I moved to IgniteTV this week and I wish I did it sooner - no more remote problems and so much better!