Slingbox and Rogers cable box

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Around

Slingbox and Rogers cable box

Hello

Just bought a slingbox 500 and during set up I can see the channels and browse the guide but as soon as I click on liveTV on the slingbox menu, it says mode not supported on TV.  

Help?

FT

***Edited labels***

Solved! Go to Solution.

Re: Slingbox and Rogers cable box

Hello community! Is there anyone out there with some experience with a slingbox that would like to help this user? Thank you!

I've Been Here Awhile

I have a slingbox 350 that worked fine for me when I was with Bell ExpressVu.  I switched from Satellite service to Cable about 6 months ago.  When I try to use the slingbox now I get audio but not video.  Everything seems to be hooked up ok.  I have looked on the help pages and they suggest to switch from HDMI cable to component video cables and I have removed the HDMI and installed component video per instructions.  I have also power cycled after the switch from HDMI.  Still no video.  I am with Rogers Cable in Markham, Ontario ,Canada, have a Nextbox (Cisco) DPVR box and a Slingbox 350.  I have seen some people talking about switching from 1080P to 1080I or 720 but I do not know how to do this.  I get the error that 'the connected video signal is not supported'. Anybody have any other advice to fix this?  I have exhausted all the forum ideas on the slingbox site and wonder if anyone with Rogers has an answer.  The slingbox site suggests the problem is likely a copy protection scheme that's built into some set-top boxes called Selectable Output Control or SOC however it says it is corrected if you remove the HDMI cable and used component video which I have done.

***Edited Labels***

Retired Moderator RogersArthur
Retired Moderator

Hi @fjgerber,

Thank you for your post and Welcome to the Community Forums! Smiley Happy

I understand you're looking to get video working with your Slingbox 350 connected to the Nextbox (Cisco) DPVR box. Could you please explain the physical cable connection (how everything is connected)? Is the video not showing during the Slingbox setup or is it not showing on the TV? When it worked with Bell is the only thing you changed was the PVR?

Let us know
RogersArthur

I've Been Here Awhile

Currently I am using component Video (Red, Blue, green) from output of settop box to input of Slingbox and then from output of slingbox to component input of TV.  The video and audio of TV are fine.  I get audio on the ipad sling box as well as my laptop but no video on either.

My original connection was HDMI.  I have also tried the Red/White/Yellow connecton.  Under all 3 I do not get video on the slingbox application.   I was previously with Bell with ExpressVU HD and had no issues.

The advertising video works on the application but as soon as it is over there is no channel video

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Hmm..
And you DO get picture when you plug the rogers box right into the TV??

Going back to what was said about changing the resolution, that might be my first try... (though i would think doing composite yellow only for video would have removed this)

Connect straight to the TV.. and make sure you can see everything.
Go into settings, then into the video section.  Should be an option to change it... i would drop it as low as it would go.

Then try inputing back through the slingbox.

Only other thought, would be Copy Protection.. that the output is pushing through HDCP or similar and the slingbox is picking up on it?

I Plan to Stick Around

I think the problem is that your Slingbox does not support 1080p hence the message that the video signal is not supported. I have an older Slingbox Pro HD that has the same issue. In order to be able to be able to view programs through your slingbox you need to change the video settings on your cable box from 1080p to 1080i. To do this, click the menu button on the remote then go to settings/appearance and change the video format from 1080p to 1080i. Your Slingbox should now be viewable

I'm a Senior Advisor

You should never have your cable box set to 1080p in the first place.

It has caused a fair amount of issues in the past with recorded programs.

I Plan to Stick Around

The problem is that your Slingbox does not support 1080p hence the message that the video signal is not supported. I have an older Slingbox Pro HD that has the same issue. In order to be able to be able to view programs through your slingbox you need to change the video settings on your cable box from 1080p to 1080i. To do this, click the menu button on the remote then go to settings/appearance and change the video format from 1080p to 1080i. Your Slingbox should now be viewable

I'm a Senior Advisor

In fact, none of the Rogers PVRs support 1080p.

SA8300HD, SA8300SD, DTA50, LG-E410B PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario