Slice TV...No Longer Available with Rogers or Guide Error?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Slice TV...No Longer Available with Rogers or Guide Error?

Yesterday I was trying to schedule a show to record on Slice for Monday, October 31st and I noticed the show wasn't appearing in the guide (NB3 and NB2).  Thought the guide may fix itself overnight, so I tried again today.  For some reason the programming in the guide is showing programming for the FYI channel NOT programming for Slice.  This starts as of Monday October 31st at 6:00 a.m. and is consistant throughout the remainder of the guide.  In my area I can see FYI ch. 248 is the exact same programming as Slice ch.41

Does anyone know if Rogers is dropping Slice?  Or is this a programming error, and if so, can a moderator confirm that someone on your backend is aware of this and is going to fix it (thanks).

I'm an Advisor

Re: Slice TV...No Longer Available with Rogers or Guide Error?

Hello @molly222,

I am able to see TV listings for Slice on Monday - using my cable box (NextBox 2).

Sounds like a guide error, which might exist on the cable box (just you) or for others. Do you have more than one cable box, and do you see the guide error on all boxes?

Also, have you tried restarting the cable box? If restarting the box does not help, I suggest you give Rogers technical support a call at 1-888-ROGERS-1, send a tweet to @RogersHelps or send a private message (PM) to @CommunityHelps.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

On my 9865, I can see programming for Slice (41) all the way to the end of November 1.  I can also see it on AnyPlace Web.

One programme I have had an issue with is "The Fall" on Bravo (40).  It shows on the IPG for the 9865 Friday at 10PM, but it doesn't show anything on AnyPlace (empty box).  For this reason my series recording did not "kick in" for this Friday. I have programmed a single recording for 10PM to replace my previous series scheduled recording and a new Series scheduled recording for around 3AM.  There were issues with The Fall last week too with incorrect programme descriptions, etc.  Perhaps because of a repeat and double airing on last Friday.

I had some other daily series recordings that showed only a couple of upcoming recordings instead of the 4-5 (Wednesday, today was "missing" when I looked yesterday).  That fixed itself today and now I see 4-5 again.

I'm an Advisor

@57 wrote:
One programme I have had an issue with is "The Fall" on Bravo (40).  It shows on the IPG for the 9865 Friday at 10PM, but it doesn't show anything on AnyPlace (empty box).

Very strange @57, I'm seeing the exact same hole on my AnyPlace guide (empty box)!

EDIT: No idea how I missed this show, it looks interesting.  I am catching up on S3E1 & E2 over at: http://www.bravo.ca/Shows/TheFall?vid=928425.

I Plan to Stick Around

thanks @robindp and @57 for checking, but I don't think I explained the problem correctly.  My guides on all 3 of my tv's are showing programming for Slice, the problem is that it is not the correct programming.  As of next Monday at 6:00 a.m. and continuing for all of Monday and all of Tuesday, the guide's programming is showing the FYI channel programming INSTEAD of slice on both slice channel and FYI.  i.e. when I look at the guide it says slice 41, but the content is for FYI, i.e. the programming for FYI is duplicated for Slice.  My mother wanted me to tape the real housewives which is on Mondays 6-10 p.m. on Slice, which historically, and according to all other web sources is correct....this is what made me look a little deeper and I noticed some of the shows in the guide are not Slice shows.  If you look at the programming for FYI and Slice as of Monday at 6:00 a.m., you will see they are identical for all of Monday and Tuesday, which they shouldn't be  (and yes I rebooted all 3 boxes 🙂

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@robindp: You really need to start The Fall with Season 1.  It would be like starting Breaking Bad in Season 3.

@molly222:  Sorry for the misunderstanding and for the OT posts. I have nothing to contribute to your issue since I don't watch the channel.

I'm an Advisor

Hello @molly222,

Given your feedback, I strongly suggest you give Rogers a call - they will take note of the information and forward it to the guide provider to fix the problem.

While it may not fix things in time to help you, it may help others.

@57, I hear you about "The Fall", but I don't know where else to view S1 and S2 - relied on Wikipedia summaries of those episodes.  May go back and watch them at some point, when I find a place to legally stream them.

I Plan to Stick Around

thanks @robindp and @57...I'll give it one more night to fix itself, if not, I'll call Rogers tomorrow.  Strange for it to happen on Slice, never seen that before.  I quite often have issues with the guide (no information) for Space and Spark, but never had issues with Slice.  If my Mom misses her housewives, she's not going to be happy Smiley Sad

I'm a Senior Advisor

I have the now grandfathered VIP package and still see Slice on Channel 43

SA8300HD, SA8300SD, DTA50, LG-E410B PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
I Plan to Stick Around

Just got off the phone with Rogers and they confirmed that they are experiencing the same problem on their end.  As of next Monday at 6:00 a.m. and carrying thru all day Monday, Tuesday, and now Wednesday, the information that is appearing in the guide for Slice is NOT Slice, it is in fact information for the FYI channel.  She did also mention that this is happening on a few other specialty channels as well, i.e. program info in the guide is incorrect starting as of Monday at 6:00 a.m., unfortunately, she couldn't tell me which other channels...she just remembered getting a few calls yesterday about the same thing on other specialty channels.  No ETA on a fix Smiley Mad  She did say if I (or anyone else) saw this on other channels, that they should let Rogers know as it is unlikely they would notice it on their own.

Get Ready!