Showtime

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Reply
I've Been Here Awhile
Posts: 1

Showtime

How about you bring back Showtime to TMN?  I watched the first 2 seasons of Homeland on Showtime which was part of TMN, which I subscribe to.  I went to watch the 3rd season and found out Showtime has been moved to Superchannel which is a $16 subscription!!!!!!!!  What is going on?  Why the move?

 

 

 

***Edited labels***

Resident Expert
Resident Expert
Posts: 2,550

Re: Showtime

i am not sure if you know but Showtime is a channel that is not available in canada, and also they produce shows and sell them to other networks such as TMN, as well as Super Channel.   If you have a problem with a show such as Homeland not showing on a certain network, such as TMN, then you need to speak to TMN (a division of Bell Media)  and ask them.  Rogers has no say in what the networks air, they are just the distributor of the signals and send them to your tv set.  you might also want to complain to Super Channel also



I've Been Here Awhile
Posts: 3

Re: Showtime

I was watching Showtime, on which channel I forget, but now I want to watch the next season and guess what I can't find it...how did watching TV get so complicated....everyone blames everyone else for program switching to other provides/channels, etc. and no one want to be accountable...but they all don't mind taking my money month after month....and don't even get me started trying to find help by an actual person  on the phone!!!!

Rogers Employee lockdown2341
Rogers Employee
Posts: 357

Re: Showtime


@patricis wrote:

I was watching Showtime, on which channel I forget, but now I want to watch the next season and guess what I can't find it...how did watching TV get so complicated....everyone blames everyone else for program switching to other provides/channels, etc. and no one want to be accountable...but they all don't mind taking my money month after month....and don't even get me started trying to find help by an actual person  on the phone!!!!


You realize you're replying to a posting from three years ago right?

 

Anyway as @Pauly indicated in his post above, you weren't watching Showtime, as Showtime is not a channel available in Canada. You were watching the Showtime programming on whatever channel has it available, most likely The Movie Network or Super Channel.

 

It's not that complicated. Since the channel isn't available in Canada they sell the rights to stations in Canada so you can actually watch them. Those stations can only air what they have rights to, so they most likely don't have the rights to the air the season you're looking for just yet. So it's not a matter of blame; it's just the facts.

 

Also Rogers isn't accountable for what content is on the channels. They just provide you the means of watching the channels.

I've Been Here Awhile
Posts: 3

Re: Showtime

Yes, I do realize that the post I reponded to was old,but for me it just shows that probelms still exist with navigating the provider system......I am 63 years old and trust me when I say watching tv has become a skill, I grew up with the trusty antennea with the newpaper as my tv guide, then we progressed to the box (8"x ll") and a real dedicated TV guide....there was only so much you could watch, but at least you knew when you turned to the tv guide, it was a simple as clicking your channel and that was that...no depending on distribution rights, etc....so please don't be flippant with my distress...all I'm saying is that if I started to watch a particular show i.e. Episodes, I would think that I could continue to watch this show through all its seasons, not be at the whim of the "system" and whether it is Picked up or not by my provider.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert
Posts: 3,035

Re: Showtime


@patricis wrote:

...not be at the whim of the "system" and whether it is Picked up or not by my provider.


I'm 64 and also remember the "simple" days of 1 or 2 channels.  However, I'm not sure you're still getting the point. Rogers is a service provider. They are the conduit through which you get your programming. They don't decide what comes to your home (except for the few channels that they do own, or don't carry).  Your beef is with the "broadcaster" (channel), not Rogers.

 

You need to contact the broadcaster that originally provided the programming that you're interested in (TMN? Astral Media), which happens to be owned by Bell Media. They are the ones who "air" some of the Showtime programming.

 

What is the specific programme that you're interested in?  Perhaps we can help you find it.



I've Been Here Awhile
Posts: 3

Re: Showtime

Oh my gosh, I can only hope you live near me, Aurora, just north of Toronto....I'm so lost for the past year since I switched from Bell to Rogers, and although I do have a daughter,33, that could certainly help me, she lives out of town and seems to have no patience for my lack of technical skill (of any kind I admit)....she did set me up with Netflix, but I don't even know what my ID number is or how to figure out the Itunes store (or whatever it is called)...sorry to rant and vent, but I'm truly fustrated...I just stumbed on to this site, by luck!!

Resident Expert
Resident Expert
Posts: 2,550

Re: Showtime


@patricis wrote:

Oh my gosh, I can only hope you live near me, Aurora, just north of Toronto....I'm so lost for the past year since I switched from Bell to Rogers, and although I do have a daughter,33, that could certainly help me, she lives out of town and seems to have no patience for my lack of technical skill (of any kind I admit)....she did set me up with Netflix, but I don't even know what my ID number is or how to figure out the Itunes store (or whatever it is called)...sorry to rant and vent, but I'm truly fustrated...I just stumbed on to this site, by luck!!


Hi patricis,

 

can you please explain in simple terms what your issue is with rogers? is it an issue with Showtime or is it something else? its very hard to understand what your having an issue with in your post above. I was hoping you  could clarify for us so we (volunteers that are not rogers employees) can better help you



I'm an Advisor
Posts: 764

Re: Showtime

Hello @patricis,

What Showtime TV show are you trying to watch? If you list what programs you are not able to find, I can try to help.

I've Been Around
Posts: 1

Re: Showtime

What happened to Ray Donovan ? It just disappeared from TMN on demand?