Should the 940 Digital Box show in my online MyRogers account ?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Should the 940 Digital Box show in my online MyRogers account ?

I've been having issues with one of my digital boxes for a long time now and every time i contact rogers support i always seem to get transferred from department to department and eventually end up with them telling me that they have created some sort of ticket in which they have sent on to the IT department which should contact me within 3 business days which has never happened.

Does anyone know if the Rogers 940 Standard Definition Digital box (Scientific Atlanta e940) is suppose to show up in the drop down list with my other digital boxes when signed into "MyRogers" on the computer ? The only boxes i see in the online portal are my HD box and other digital Terminal as you can see in this screenshot - http://i.imgur.com/v6EWzwL.png?1 

The problem is that my 940 box has been freezing and restarting a lot which makes watching TV with it really annoying since every 30 min or so it restarts and goes to that purple/blue scientific Atlanta screen for 2 minutes and then the Rogers notification screen where it says its loading so i want to be able to reset and re auth the box from online to see if it will start working.

Im also certain that the coaxial cable line signal is strong enough as all my cables lines have recently just been replaced by a rogers technician.

TL;DR Should the 940 Digital Box show in my online MyRogers account ?

Thanks

***Edited labels***

Solved! Go to Solution.
Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: Should the 940 Digital Box show in my online MyRogers account ?

Been a long time since i had one.. but when i did.. i beleive it DID show on there.

You could try having them remove and re add the box on the account, that may clear up it seeing it or not.

Those boxes, there have been many people over the years have issues with the POWER for them.. might be whats causing yours to restart, etc.

is it a rental? or bought?

I Plan to Stick Around

Twam, the 940 is probably included as the Digital Terminal Rental.
I'm a Senior Advisor

The box should show up.  However, stuff happens. I believe the information is entered by a Rogers employee and they could get it wrong. I have an SA8300SD and an SA8300HD, both owned. When I go to my TV packages page, I see a "PVR Digital Terminal Purchased" and the dropdown box also shows an "HD PVR Digital Terminal Purchased". However the former shows "Key Features
    All the features of the Digital Terminal PLUS: Record two shows at once, Automatically record "ALL EPISODES" of your favourite shows, Pause, rewind, and instant-replay "LIVE TV"" while the latter says "Unable to retrieve your digital TV box features". Maybe Rogers got the two mixed up when they entered. Also, when I go to Manage My Recordings, I get a guide for "PVR 1" where I can set recordings on the 8300HD, or choose "STB 2" which is how it sees the 8300SD, which I can't manage remotely. I did call Rogers to explain this anomaly and see if it can be fixed, but the rep either didn't understand what I was talking about or din't know how to fix it. In any case, I know what I'm looking at, which is all that matters.

The fact that the OP can't find the E940 listed is probably irrelevant. Maybe it's too old to be recognized by this system.

SA8300HD, SA8300SD, DTA50, LG-E410B PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
I Plan to Stick Around

Thanks for all the replies, im going to have to contact rogers again then.

rental or bought

This box is only rented from rogers so if all else fails im assuming that i can exchange it for a different box.

remove and re add

But i will try to get them to remove it and re add the box to see if that solves the issue.

Digital Terminal Rental

Thats actually what i thought at first but rogers support informed me that the "Digital Terminal Rental" is my model 1840 box and the HD box is my model 4642 and that they see the 940 box on their end i just dont see it on mine.