Settings banner on TV

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm Here A Lot

Settings banner on TV

I was fiddling away on TV this morning and now have an intermittent (settings??) banner showing up at the bottom of my TV screen.  It's showing stuff like "timer on/off, ECO" etc.  I have no idea what I did but would like to remove it since it interferes with what I'm trying to watch.   I called Rogers but appears I'll be on hold for an hour.  That's just not acceptable.  

Can anyone advise ???

Thx.

***Edited Labels***

Highlighted
Retired Moderator RogersGabrielle
Retired Moderator

Re: E-POP Demo on TV

Good Afternoon @amquilty761,

Welcome to the Community Forums!

Is the settings screen you are looking at for your cable box or your TV?

If it is on your cable box try clicking the "Exit" button on your remote or unplugging your box and plugging it back in to initialize a reboot.

Let us know if that helps!

@RogersGabrielle

I'm Here A Lot

Thx Gabrielle.   The banner is showing on the actual TV screen not the nextbox.  The banner info shows the following in boxes: Super Slim, Dynamic Backlight -contrast, On/sleep timer, Built-in power supply, HDMI and ECO.   I think some of this pertains to settings I've set (contract and timer) but have no idea why the other stuff is showing up.  When I actually go to "settings" via remote control the banner stops but as soon as I exit it settings it's back on the screen.  

Appreciate yr assistance.  

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Those settings would be from the TV itself, not the rogers box.

Press the TV button on the top of the remote (so its doing TV functions only), then try hitting EXIT to see if it will exit out.

Bar that not working, try using your actual TV remote using the exit or return functions to exit out of it.

Just make sure to press the CBL button again to resume normal remote functions on the remote.

I'm a Senior Advisor

What @Gdkitty said. It sure looks like TV settings, not cable box settings. While you can access many TV functions with the Rogers remote after pressing the TV button, there are many other TV settings that only the TV remote will do.

SA8300HD, SA8300SD, DTA50, LG-E410B PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
I'm Here A Lot

Thanks for yr guidance Gabrielle, Gdkitty and OLDYELLR.   Solution did require the use of the TV remote, as suggested. The trick was to select TV (rather than HDMI) at input stage.   I was then able to go to MENU, SETUP>>, AUTO SETUP and TV location (home).  E-POP Demo appeared and needed to be changed to off.  Exit on remote.  Tada!!  I've changed the reference above to read E-POP Demo rather than settings banner.  

I realize this is not a Rogers issue but hopefully it will relieve someone elses frustrations.   

Retired Moderator RogersSannecia
Retired Moderator

Thank you so much for updating the Community @amquilty761

We are truly happy to know that your issue has been resolved Smiley Wink

RogersSannecia