Setting up favorites

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Around

Setting up favorites

I have the VIP package

I am having trouble setting up my favorites (why is that spelt in US American?)  The on-screen instructions do not tell my how to access  and add my selections to my FAVORITES or how to display the FAVORITES once I have done so

Anybody?

***edited labels***

Solved! Go to Solution.
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Setting up favorites

Hey Netman83, 

There are 2 ways to add channels to Favourites. I have listed the steps below. 

Add Favourite Channel  through the Menu:

1.  Press MENU on your Rogers remote.
  2. Scroll to the TV tab.
  3. Scroll to Favorites and press OK/SELECT.
  4. Scroll through the channel list to select your favourite channels.
    • A heart icon will appear next to the channel to indicate it is a favourite.

Add Favourite Channel through the Info Bar:

1. Press INFO on your Rogers remote.
  2. Scroll right to Favorite and press OK/SELECT.
  3. Scroll through the channel list to select your favourite channels.
    • A heart icon will appear next to the channel to indicate it is a favourite.

Access Favourite Channels:

1. Press the FAV key or press the GUIDE button twice on your Rogers Remote.
    • Doing this will show only your favourite channels listed in the guide.

Hope this is helpful!

RogersDarrell

I've Been Around

I just moved from BellTV. Setting up my"favourites" via their system set up I found it easy to do the following:

(1) Pull up a list of just the channels available to me according to my package. (ie. eliminate possible additions)

(2) Eliminate all 'Pay per View' / 'On Demand' (I will create a seperate list for those if I can)

(3) Remove "non-programming" channels Such as:

• Radio Broadcast
  • Static Display (eg. Fireplace)

(4) Eliminate any duplication of channels. I only want my favourites list to show:

1. Only the HD version for channels that appear in both HD and non-HD forms *
  2. Channels that only exist in one form (HD or non-HD)

* On the guide some channels are marked "xxxHD or HDxxx" and some xxxH or Hxxx. And in many cases those markings on the guide are opposite to how the appear in the PDF file I received ("Meet Your Personal Channel Line-Up **). Note: and some are incorrect. Eg. Online info has History Channel as 249 and 43(as HD version). Channel 43 is Fox News.

Number 4 is the item that seems next to impossible to accomplish. Even if the online info (My Personal Lineup) matched what actually appears in the guide, I'll certainly be much older by the time I'm done.

Can you recommend an easy way to do this?

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@Al_on_RogForum :

The Navigatr IPG on Rogers has been the source of much frustration for many of us.  For favourites, press Settings - Channel Setup - Favourites.  You can then add or delete channels from the list and you can go directly to a specific channel by entering the channel number if you don't wish to scroll. Once you have your favourites set, you need to press guide twice to see your favourites.  

Each provider has advantages and disadvantages...

@Al_on_RogForum wrote:

(2) Eliminate all 'Pay per View' / 'On Demand' (I will create a seperate list for those if I can)

With Rogers you only have one list of favourites. You cannot create a separate favourite list for ROD, etc.

I Plan to Stick Around

Hi, There are some channels that I want to remove from the Favorite button, from channels I no longer have or former free preview. When I go in the menu to remove those channel from the FAV list, it work fine right away, BUT the next day those channel re-appears on the FAV button.

My mother have the opposite problem, there are 1-2 channel she want to add to the FAV button, but those channel keep disappear from her list.

I don't know if both problem could be related or from the same bug or not.

I have the Motorola Nextbox (Rogers Atlantic), non-pvr with the clock in front, I don't see any model number on the box, just several serial number in the back.

Hello @ReneHache,

Thanks for your post! The favourite channel feature is a great feature, when working as intended.

Your issue is definitely an odd one!  Could you try rebooting the digital box, then delete your unwanted favourites and try again?  Perhaps also ask your mother to try the same thing and let us know if you have any success.

Keep us posted!

RogersShaun

I Plan to Stick Around

Yes, I have tried rebooting. In fact, rebooting revert the setting back to before removing those channels from favorite. But it only seen to affect some channels, other channels can be removed without problems. The channels that cause problems are Disney XD (228) and all Movie Network and HBO (301-306).

Also turning the box off and on back again (power button) does not revert the setting on the spot, but still get reverted the next day.

The weirdest part is it's only affect certain channels...

I've Been Around

The Rogers system is a pain! You should be able to enter channel numbers. Accessing favorites is not explained too well!!

Marius

I Plan to Stick Around

I don't have problem using favorites, I'm using it alot. The only problem is that when I want to add or remove channels from the favorite button (usually when free preview change), when you open the setting menu it's always on the Timer page, I have to scroll up to the Favorite page everytime I open the menu...

I've Been Here Awhile

Both dont work