Service Outage

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Service Outage

Hello, @LyndaMikie.

Thank you for joining and posting your concern in the Rogers Community Forums! The Internet service interruptions can certainly be inconvenient; if your service is still offline please send us a private message at @CommunityHelpsPlease check our blog if you require assistance with the private messaging.

As for slow speeds, I recommend posting in the Internet board with all details so that the resident experts and advanced users can guide you to help find the solution. 

Thanks for your contribution and for your help in keeping the community a pleasant place to be.

Cheers,

RogersMoin

I've Been Around

I live in the rogers and weston area and our cable/internet has been down since late afternoon. Tried resetting the modem and that didnt help, guna be on hold with rogers for at least 17 mins.

Hello, @LMC87.

Welcome to the Rogers Community Forums!

It can certainly be inconvenient to lose both the Internet and Cable services, we can check it out if the services are still offline for you. Being on hold to get support can be upsetting; please check our other support options for getting quick help. 

Regards,

RogersMoin

I've Been Around

No TV or internet at Kingston Road and Main. Can anyone confirm?

Hello @ROSS81,

It's never nice to wake up to find that your TV and internet services aren't working properly. 😫 My family uses both TV and internet on a daily basis and I'm sure we would feel pretty bummed without it!

Are you still experiencing issues at this time? If so, we'd love to help! Feel fee to send us a private message to @CommunityHelps so we can assist you further. For more information on our Private Messaging system, please CLICK HERE.

RogersLaura

I Plan to Stick Around

Been about 2-3 weeksin Brampton where multiple tv channels suddenly show "This service is currently not available"

for for 23,35,36,48,54,783,784 .. Rebooted both boxes before calling rogers then I spent over an hour last night (630pm-730pm) on hold and I finally gave up. Today  these channels are not there. Took a day to work from home and got a ticket number (C....586) which was created on saturday. CS said the problem would likley be fixed in 24 hours... We will see.... 

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@efougere wrote:

"This service is currently not available"

This sort of issue is almost always related to a poor signal. When the "This service..." come up it's telling you that the return signal from your box(es) is not getting through to the head end or node, which requests that channel.  Here's a link with more information on signal issues.  Call Rogers and have them check the signal in your home and in your neighbourhood.

http://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/TV/Nextbox-3-0-PVR-Skips-Recorded-Playback-Only/m-p/387839#M422...

You can also check the signal yourself on the affected channels using the link I provided in the above link.

I Plan to Stick Around

Cable TV down since yesterday even. Down all channels today in Brampton... Rebooted everything... Spent 40 minutes on hold and then I gave up. Fibe here I come...

Hello @efougere,

Service outages are never fun and can definitely cause some disruption to your plans. 😟

Due to heavy winds across the GTA, there were multiple hydro outages. This may have caused some customers to experience interruptions to their Cable TV, Internet, & Home Phone services. Although some service has been restored, we are still in the process of monitoring the situation and working hard to get all services restored ASAP! We really appreciate your patience & understanding. 

What we can do is review your account services to see if you are one of those affected by the hydro outages and if so, we are happy to submit a ticket so that you may receive a notification once fully resolved. If possible, please send us a private message to @CommunityHelps so we can assist you further. For more information on our Private Messaging system, please CLICK HERE.

Thank you!

RogersLaura

I've Been Around

I lost both internet and cable in Oshawa near Ritson rd south around noon. I called for assistance but the soonest they can send someone is monday. Might be time to switch to bell.
Topic Stats