Service Outage

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm an Advisor

Re: Service Outage

Hello @JT17,

Your other provider is supposed to work with Rogers to get everything fixed (as a customer of another company, I don't know if you will find help from Rogers).  Try the following:

- Call 1-888-ROGERS-1 for support on your internet and telephone issues.

- Use Twitter to send a tweet to @RogersHelps.  They typically answer within 3-6 hours.

Good luck - let us know how you make out.

I Plan to Stick Around

Tv,internet,phone down for the last 3 hours in Scarborough. Prior to this outage...the pvr would reboot by itself a couple of times a day for the last 2 weeks. Getting tired of all these dam problems
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

dave111 wrote:
Tv,internet,phone down for the last 3 hours in Scarborough. Prior to this outage...the pvr would reboot by itself a couple of times a day for the last 2 weeks. Getting tired of all these dam problems

@dave111 I've recently seen a lot of people having their NextBox's rebooting. This leads me to believe that Rogers is making changes at the head end, perhaps they're swapping out equipment for the upcoming X1 Hybrid IPTV platform.

I Plan to Stick Around

@gp-se thanks. Well yesterday on the phone with tech said the problem is on their end. Of course phone,tv , internet stopped working today and still hasnt come back on. Phoned rogers again today. Rep didnt say anything in regards to the problem being on their end.Wish they would get their stories correct. So tech is coming in the morning. Also got this email today from rogers

We heard from you on 06/18/2017 about a problem you were having with your Rogers Cable Television Service.

"We're sorry to say there's been a delay in fixing this problem. Thank you for your patience as our technical teams work on this.

We will contact you as soon as there's an update available. "
I Plan to Stick Around

Update. Tech came to the house on Tuesday due to no cable,internet,phone. Said the problem is with the underground cable that goes to their box. Had the exact thing happen a year ago. So had to splice into the neighbors cable "again". What are the odds of a bad cable going to their box going faulty again?. Reason why it happened the first time a couple years ago is because neighbor accidently cut the cable while cutting a tree stump. Would the rogers tech have just dug up the area and respliced/joined the cable back together ?. Rather just have a whole new cable put in from the house to their rogers box...which is only a few houses down. My luck is they will just patch it again and not put in a new cable and the problem will probably come up again later down the road.
I've Been Here Awhile

No TV all day in Nobleton, Ont

All of our TV boxes are showing a black screen today.  The guide will open up, recorded shows will work but live TV has no sound or picture.  First call to Support the tech said problem was in our home and is sending a technician on Saturday = 5 days with no service.  A chat on Twitter with Rogers Help indicated they have an area outage.  Anyone else having the problem?

Retired Moderator RogersCilio
Retired Moderator

Hey @ta1835,

Welcome to the Rogers Community Forums!

Being without your services is never ideal! Hopefully your issue has since been resolved? 

If you're still experiencing problems with your TV boxes now, please reach out to us @CommunityHelps, so we can take a closer look and update you on your ticket. 

Our private messaging system is explained in this blog.

Cheers,

RogersCilio

I've Been Around

Internet/TV/Home Phone has been down all day in Bond Head. When I call tech support they say servive outage in area
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Kevin2017 wrote:
Internet/TV/Home Phone has been down all day in Bond Head. When I call tech support they say servive outage in area

I'm in Bradford, I haven't experienced the outrage, but perhaps Rogers is doing maintenance in the area. Rogers is upgrading lots of equipment right now, so I'm guessing/hoping that was the reason for the outage. 

Hello @Kevin2017,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the Rogers Community Forums!

Service outages are never fun to deal with especially if its been down for an extended period of time, I know how frustrating that can get.

Are you still experiencing issues with your service or does it seem to be resolved now? If you are still experiencing issues please send us a private message @CommunityHelps the next time you're online and we can take a closer look.

For more information on our private messaging system check out our blog.

Regards,

RogersTony

Topic Stats