Service Outage

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Here Awhile

Service Outage

Woke up this morning to no TV or internet services.  Reset Modem and that didn't help.  The internet has been dropping a lot lately but now there is just nothing.  Also, no TV signal either.  Reset the cable box and it doesn't reload.  Comes up showing -01- on the clock display.  Pretty frustrating as I now have no phone, no cable and no internet.  Anyone else in Brampton having issues? I have read some posts that Rogers wait time is 40+ minutes to connect with support.  Don't want to use my cell phone minutes to get through to be told everything is fine on their end (standard response it seems).

***Edited Labels***

Solved! Go to Solution.
Retired Moderator RogersGabrielle
Retired Moderator

Re: Service Outage

Good Morning @catt_1072,

Welcome to the Community Forums!

Sorry to hear you are having trouble with your services. You mentioned all three of your services are giving you problems. Are you getting an error message on your TV? Do you have a dial tone when picking up your phone?

Are you able to connect to the internet at all or is there limited connectivity? Were you trying to connect over WiFi or are you directly connected to your modem via a cable?

Let us know more details so we can further assist!

@RogersGabrielle

I've Been Here Awhile

The Cable Box won't reinitialize so I can't see an error.  All I see is a -01- displayed where the time would normally be. Prior to my trying to restart the boxes this morning, I was seeing the channel information on the TV screen that I was supposed to be tuned into but there was no picture or sound.  Now I don't even see that.  Do you know if there is system wide outages in the Brampton area?

The internet has no service either over wifi or on my desktop which is directly connected to the moden through ethernet cable.  Again, do you know if there is service issues in the area?

I've Been Here Awhile

Everything seems to be back up an running.  Looks like it was definitely a Rogers infrastructure issue.  Hopefully it won't be an ongoing problem.

Retired Moderator RogersGabrielle
Retired Moderator

@catt_1072,

Happy to hear that you are back up and running. Thank you for taking the time to update the Community!

Have a great daySmiley Happy

@RogersGabrielle

I Plan to Stick Around

Certain areas of North West North York had a 3 hr. outage on Friday night - lost my cable, internet and home phone.  Cable & internet came back online at 7:55 PM.  Home phone remained down - had to send out a tech 2 days later.  Turns out it was an easy 5 min. fix and something that first tier support should have known to do.  It should not have required a truck roll.

Previous to Friday's outage, we had been experiencing the loss of signal to cable, internet and home phone, sometimes several times a day but only for 10 seconds or so.  It started about 3 weeks ago.

Since Friday, we have not had any such loss of signal.

I've Been Around

Digital cable has been out for about 1.5 hours now. Is there a known issue in the North York area? Black screen, no error code available. 

Retired Moderator RogersHassam
Retired Moderator

Hello @Mdubb,

Welcome to the Forums! 

Some customers in the GTA may be experiencing service interruptions. We apologize and are working to resolve.

Thanks, 

RogersHassam 

I've Been Around

I think the Rogers home page or MyRogers page should have serious outages shown prominently - that way your phone system won't have a meltdown and people who can access the status page via smartphone (etc) can save some angst.
Retired Moderator RogersHassam
Retired Moderator

Hello Community, 

The service interruptions some customers were experiencing in the GTA have been resolved.

Thank you for your patience, 

RogersHassam 

Topic Stats