Search not working today

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I'm an Advisor

Re: Search not working today

Agreed - Rogers needs to fix the Search app and bring back search filters (show only live, VOD, PPV, etc). 

I view the app as a nice add-on, but not one that should replace the EPG on the cable box. I recommend it only because the current Searth app isn't "cutting it".

Highlighted
I'm an Enthusiast

Search is really hit and miss. I'm happy for people who can simply go online instead of using the function on their NB3 but we're paying for function. I have no search at the moment, can't access any on demand menu and the Guide shows only three days of programming. I'm afraid to check anything else.

Highlighted
I'm a Senior Advisor

Search on my SA8300HD with the SARA interface used to be quite good. Not so much anymore. Just this morning I searched for "formula" to set up recordings of the Canadian Grand Prix qualifying and race and came up with nothing. I had to go to the RAPTV web app, Manage PVR to search for and schedule my recordings. Forget about your PVR search, use the web app. It's easier, faster and more reliable.

SA8300HD, SA8300SD, DTA50, LG-E410B PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@Cap07 wrote:

Search is really hit and miss. I'm happy for people who can simply go online instead of using the function on their NB3 but we're paying for function. I have no search at the moment, can't access any on demand menu and the Guide shows only three days of programming. I'm afraid to check anything else.

All of these issues are indicative of a poor return signal from your STB to Rogers Head End. I've read a number of your other posts in other threads and the same applies there.  Signal issues cause a huge number of issues reported on these forums and I suggest you have a signal issue in your home or in your neighbourhood.

You may require a visit by a technician to properly diagnose the issue and swapping a STB may temporarily resolve an issue because it "resynchs", but that is not a permanent solution if the signal is at fault.

Highlighted
I'm an Enthusiast

Techs checked my connection remotely and said it was ok. The SNR is 41db. At the moment I have no sound and no picture. If signal quality is poor what is the solution? Change providers?

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

I'm going to assume here that you have Rogers internet.  If so, can you log into your modem, navigate to the DOCSIS WAN page, copy the downstream and upstream tables and paste them into the thread.  Those are the RG-6 signal levels for the modem, and if anything, they should be 3 dBmV higher than the cable tv box if my thinking is correct.  If there is an issue with the modem signal levels, then there a high likelihood that the same exists for the STB. 

Highlighted
I'm an Enthusiast

Sorry no idea what any of that means and I'm too annoyed at the moment to look into it. Just wasted about three hours and now have no TV at all.

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Yup, understand 😞

Highlighted
I'm an Enthusiast

We have two boxes. One is Nextbox 4624HD on a separate coax and it's working fine. The other is a PVR NB3. I noticed problems shortly after a new cable was installed to the box out front on the street. They tell me a problem there should impact both boxes not just one. From what I'm reading on this forum the problem seems to be mostly with the NB3 software. Our troubles seemed to start when I noticed an unusual download at about 7:30 AM a few days ago. Since then the Guide is acting up and reaction times are slow with the remote.

Unfortunately, as I mentioned. After hours with techs we now have no TV at all. So off to the store for another box.

Highlighted
I'm an Enthusiast

Got another PVR today. Seems like it really is a new one. Sound and picture is back. Guide works though still no info available past Thursday. No Search or On Demand functions. If the problem is the signal, why did we have no trouble at all with the same PVR NB3 for more than a year and a half? They upload new software and things stop working. Traded in two PVRs before this new one.