Search not working today

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I'm an Enthusiast

Re: Search not working today

You mean instead of using *Search button on your remote? Might as well just turn off your TV and read a book.
Highlighted
I'm an Advisor

@robindp wrote:

Hello @park - when the Search app gives me trouble (common since launch of Navigatr), I use the "Manage PVR" function of the Rogers anyplace tv website - I find things quicker that way.

For those unaware of this feature:

1. Visit http://www.rogersondemand.com.

2. Click Sign In/Register at top-right.

3. Type in your MyRogers Username and Password, then click Sign In.

4. From red toolbar at top of webpage, click Manage PVR.

5. At top-right: Type the name of the program you are looking for.  A window appears on the web page listing results.

@RogersMay - is there any information we can provide to expedite the 'fix' to this issue?

Thanks!

" - is there any information we can provide to expedite the 'fix' to this issue? "

If I have to go through all that krap, I would rather go search for BELL !

View solution in original post

Highlighted
I'm a Senior Advisor

Exactly! The "*" Search button is supposed to work. Period. It works for me with SARA software. Looks like Navigatr has messed it up. Why do we keep having to figure out workarounds for simple stuff that doesn't work anymore?

SA8300HD, SA8300SD, DTA50, LG-E410B PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
Highlighted
I've Been Around

Note that this does not work on a tablet.

this is an old post but I just changed my PVR and cannot use the search feature of the new Navigatr- results fail to load. Any more recent assistance or fix???

Highlighted
I'm an Advisor

Hello @LisaMarie1,

Try downloading the Rogers "Home Edition" app, available in the Apple App Store or Google Play Store. Home Edition allows you to search the program guide, setup new recordings, watch live TV streams on your tablet, and more. 

The search in this app is MUCH better than what is available on the cable box, and is my "go to" when I am searching for a program to watch or record.  TIP: You can also use it to program your PVR while on the road!

I have an iPad (iOS9) and an HTC phone (Android Marshmallow [6]) and both devices work with this app.

Highlighted
I'm an Advisor

Hello @LisaMarie1,

The Search function on the cable box seems okay here in Brampton (410/Bovaird). Questions for you:

- Have you tried restarting the cable box (via troubleshooting, or unplug/plug back in?). 

- Do you have other cable boxes?

--> If yes, does search work on those boxes?

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@LisaMarie1 wrote:

Note that this does not work on a tablet.

this is an old post but I just changed my PVR and cannot use the search feature of the new Navigatr- results fail to load. Any more recent assistance or fix???

If you just changed the box.. seems to take a day or two to settle in/download/setup right.  May just need a little longer.

Highlighted
I'm an Advisor

Call Rogers. Tell them it's unacceptable. Get a bill reduction and few free movies.

Highlighted
I'm a Reliable Contributor

it will fail again

Steve
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Only working sporadically on my NB3.  Usually I get the "search results failed to load". Tech support told me it was because the catalogue had to be reloaded after a software update. But software has not been updated in the past few days (currently 132) and the function is still hit and miss.

Pathetic. The app is a workaround but it should not have to  be.