Search function

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

Search function

When you do a search - can you just get a list of movies that are available on TV and on demand ?

***Edited Labels***

Solved! Go to Solution.
Retired Moderator RogersGabrielle
Retired Moderator

Re: Search function

Good Afternoon @Mik1,

We have tested this on our Nextbox 3.0 which has the Navigatr software and if you hit * and search "movies" it will bring up a list of some movies that are playing, but it looks like it is a limited list. 

If you are looking for a specific movie you can search by the title to see if it is a scheduled listing or available on Rogers On Demand.

To see all movies available on Rogers On Demand, you can go to channel 100 and search from A-Z.

Hope this helps!

@RogersGabrielle

I'm Here A Lot

Thanks very much for your reply - this helps !

I've Been Here Awhile

I've entered movies in the search menu and it does not show the movies currently playing - just some movies on demand.
If you just want to search all movies playing on all channels that day, is there a way?

I've Been Here Awhile

Thank you for moving my question to a similar thread.
Reading the response to the previous question under the topic... Am I to understand that unless you enter a movie title - you cannot have a basic search anymore of all movies currently playing on TV??
Will this be something Rogers will be updating soon ? that was a feature I used everyday on the old version.
Retired Moderator RogersHassam
Retired Moderator

Hello @Jmitch,

Welcome to the Community! 

The feature you are inquiring about is not available on the Navigatr. I do not know of any plans to add the feature in any future updates. 

Thanks, 

RogersHassam 

I've Been Here Awhile

Hi,

Im new to rogers.  When I try to search for a tv show or movie the only thing that pops up is Pan

I've Been Here Awhile

How do I search for a specific show?

I'm a Trusted Contributor

You should be able to just press the * button and type in the name of the show you want.  However, I have found that the search function is not very reliable.  It does not always show what you are looking for even though it is definitely in the schedule and if you are looking for future showings of the same episode the search may show one or two but not all future showings.

Example:  I was looking for some extra showings of an Outlander episode.  The search showed none, but when I checked the Zap2it guide about 8 extra showings (on various days) were listed.  Then checking the Rogers guide on the appropriate day and time, sure enough there it was.  The Rogers search function is next to useless.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

I have found that the search on the PVR itself is quite poor. The search functionality when using RAPTV on a Tablet/Mobile or AnyPlace Web on a browser is much better.

http://www.rogers.com/web/support/tv/anyplace-tv/284?setLanguage=en

Typically it will find most, but not all programming that airs within the next 6 (not necessarily 7) days.  This is for finding programming in the guide and it'll typically show all the airings, not just one.