SciFi channel guide is messed up

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

SciFi channel guide is messed up

The SciFi channel (formerly the Space channel), channel 50 on my hardware (not Ignite) is incomplete and in error.  For most days it shows only a generic description of the episode being shown, not details about the specific episode.  This is for ALL programs.  There are also multiple times where it says To Be Announced, for example Wednesday  Aug. 5 from 8:00 pm to 10:00 pm and Thursday, Aug. 6 from 8:30 pm to 11:00 pm.  It also has outright errors, like Friday, Aug. 7 shows Wynonna Earp at 9:00 pm to 10:00 pm and Killjoys from 10:00 pm to 11:00 pm.  Last Friday these shows were not on at those times.  The SciFi website shows which specific episode is on at which time, and has information on what shows are being shown in the To Be Announced periods.

If Rogers gets its Guide information from an outside company, they should get their money back.  If it is done internally, someone is falling down on the job.

Hugh

***Edited Labels***

Solved! Go to Solution.

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: SciFi channel guide is messed up

The problem has been fixed.  The SciFi channel Guide is now correct for today and the coming week.

Hugh

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

I have noticed the same issues as stated above. Without an accurate SciFi Channel Guide I cannot set my PVR recordings properly so this problem is pretty critical in my view especially given that we have to pay extra for the SciFi channel. Please fix this ASAP, thanks.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

I noticed this a week ago today and called it in.  I was informed that I would be e-mailed when the problem was finanlly fixed.

I have gotten e-mails, but only to tell me that they are still trying to fix it.  A week later and they still can't fix it!?

What kind of incompetent morons is Rogers hiring if they can't fix a simple problem that a tech savvy twelve-year-old could!?

Highlighted

Hello, @hrmckay and @help4me.

Understandably, accurate guide info is required to set up the recordings. Thank you for flagging the issue of the Navigatr guide not updating for the Sci-Fi channel. Please send us a private message at @CommunityHelps, and we will submit tickets on your behalf to have the issue corrected. You can find details about our private messaging in this blog.

Edit:

@TimMcCree - Thank you for reporting this issue, and welcome to Rogers Community Forums! We look forward to having the guide populated with the correct info for the Sci-Fi channel at the earliest. Thank you for your patience and understanding!

Cheers,
RogersMoin

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

To RogersMoin and CommunityHelps,

I have sent you a Private Message to request the opening of the ticket. Thank you for your help.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

FYI to anyone else that is following this thread ...

Thanks to RogersZia's help a ticket has now been opened on the SciFi Channel Guide problem. I was told it will take 2-3 days for the ticket to be action-ed.

Good luck to us all.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

I sent a private message to CommunityHelps.

Hugh

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

The problem has been fixed.  The SciFi channel Guide is now correct for today and the coming week.

Hugh

View solution in original post

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

It's back!

A 9:PM The Last Ship is listed running from them until after 3 in the morning.  Well...

1.  The Last Ship's episodes were not six hours long.

2.  The Last Ship  ended  nearly two years ago.

I zapped ahead until tomorrow and sure, enough, all the shows just had generic descriptions. 

Once again, someone at Rogers has clearly dropped the ball!

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Confirmed, the problem is back and it is almost identical to the original problem.  There are generic descriptions, long To Be Announced periods, on Fridays Wynonna Earp and Killjoys at 9:00 pm and 10:00 pm.

Same problem, hopefully same quick solution.

Hugh