Scheduling a recording

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Here Awhile

Scheduling a recording

How do I schedule a PVR recording a week from today, two weeks etc.

I am going on holidays and I don't want to miss my

favorite shows.

***Edited labels***

Solved! Go to Solution.
I'm a Senior Advisor

Re: Scheduling a recording

Assuiming you're in Ontario and using the Nextbox Enhanced Program Guide.....

You'll be recording a series. Link below tells you how.

http://www.rogers.com/web/support/tv/next-box/336?setLanguage=en

A word of warning.....the box will only record a series if it appears in the guide each week with the same title.  So for most sitcoms and dramas, you'll be fine.  If you're trying to record sporting events, you'll have to set each one manually.

I've Been Here Awhile

Thank you.

I'm a Senior Advisor

On my 8300 I can schedule a manual recording for a certain time every day. I believe someone here explained how that could be done on the NextBox, but it was well-hidden. You just need to be sure you have enough space for the recordings.

SA8300HD, SA8300SD, DTA50, LG-E410B PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

May have been on another board but somone said the new manual for some reason only really allowed a week out date wise Smiley Sad

If you do have a smart phone with Internet access where you are, or even just Internet access, could set other schedules via the app/website app

I Plan to Stick Around

Gdkitty wrote:
If you do have a smart phone with Internet access where you are, or even just Internet access, could set other schedules via the app/website app

I have a smartphone and just upgraded to the new nextbox, I looked to see how I can remoting program my nextbox but totally confused what app works.   Anywhere TV asks for a monthly charge which is ludricious on top of the extra charges just to use one feature.   Can you elaborate on which apps/web site we can use?

I'm a Senior Advisor

Apps: You're looking for the Anyplace TV Home Edition app.  Its free and that gives you the remote PVR capability.

Web:  You'll need to login to your MyRogers account (the same account that allows you to see your bill online.  Under My Account/Products and Services/TV, you'll find links for 'View My Guide' and 'Manage My Recordings'.  They both do the same thing.

I Plan to Stick Around

Thanks, I found that app and it works great.  Have it on both our phones now.  

I'm a Senior Advisor

Here is a problem that can crop up when scheduling recordings the maximum time ahead. I recirded and watched the Tour de France (with a lot of fast forwarding). Usually I added an hour at the end in case the stage took longer. Every couple of days or so I scheduled more recordings from the Guide until there was "no data".  For the last stage, into Paris, maybe I forgot to add an hour, but as I was watching it, I noticed that my recording was from 9am to 1pm, but the Guide wa snow showing the program from 9am to 2pm. As I was watching it, just after 1pm I noticed it wasn't recording anymore, so I went to the Guide and scheduled the next program (at 2pm) to record, starting an hour early. Sure enough, my original recording ended with the stage still in progress, but I only missed a couple of minutes. What had happened is that Sportsnet had changed the end time from 1pm to 2pm after I scheduled the recording. Something similar happened when I once scheduled the Formula 1 Qualifying and Race. After I scheduled the recordings, the Guide changed, moving the Race to the other TSN channel and I ended up watching the race live when it was half over.

So, if you schedule your recordings 6 days in advance, check the Guide closer to the time of the event to be sure nothing has been changed.

SA8300HD, SA8300SD, DTA50, LG-E410B PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
I've Been Here Awhile

This still hasn't been fixed.
I've missed a tonne of Nascar and F1
Bell has had this sorted out since day one.
Topic Stats
  • 17 replies
  • 1 Like
  • 9 in conversation