SA8300HD PVR Hard Drive Dead

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Around

Re: SA8300HD PVR Hard Drive Dead

The best drive i ever had in my 8300hd was a WD BLACK 500 gig.. almost impossible to find these days...

I'm an Advisor

Simon Templar:

I replaced my dead hard drive with a WD Blue 320GB drive earlier this year. I think they're getting harder to find too.

I've Been Around

Thanks to ChrisK1. I called Rogers yesterday and the agent said my drive was dead. I followed the procedure you suggested and sure enough my PVR can now record. Are you a Rogers employee? If not, they should consider taking you onSmiley Happy

I'm an Advisor

StayC1998:

For future reference, take a look at message #2 in response to me as the thread starter. The link provided to Digital Home has complete instructions for anything and everything related to the 8300. I used its instructions to replace my hard drive early this year. Unfortunately, I see the photos that used to be on the Digital Home thread have disappeared. They were the most important thing I relied on at the time. It's quite a long thread, but it may be worth looking at if your hard drive gives you trouble again. I went through the reformat phase first. It didn't last long, though, and the drive finally died.

I've Been Here Awhile

I tried this same sequence on the 9865HD with no luck.. Is there a different sequence on this box to perform a reformat. The display on the PVR is showing HdEr. Thanks.
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

I'm not sure if the following will work. It's been a while since they were posted in the FAQ:

9865 - NB3 Master Boot : Hold power button and unplug. Wait 5 seconds plug back in while still holding power button in. Wait 5 seconds and release power button. Bunch of stuff comes up saying this box needs to be updated when the network is available.

This may take some time and will likely reset your 9865 to factory defaults, meaning settings and recordings will be lost. You may also need to call Rogers to reauthorize the 9865.

HDD Format:
1. On Rogers remote, hold PAUSE until the mail icon is flashing.
2. Once it's on, release PAUSE, press LIST, PGDN, PGDN, PGDN
3. Display will say hdd3, and will reboot.

If you have an eHDD, connect it to a computer to format.

https://www.digitalhome.ca/forum/30-57s-home-theatre-faqs/17719-57-faq-tips-sa-cisco-stbs-also-pace....

I've Been Here Awhile

Thanks for the quick reply.. I tired both but neither sequence worked. I'll try calling Rogers to see if they can do it remotely.. Unfortunately I own this box otherwise I would have just switched it out.
Coming on PPV!
Pacquaio vs. Broner Live
LIVE: Saturday January 19, 2019 9PM ET
Preshow: 8PM ET
Channels: 348 (HD) | 350 (SD) | Ignite TV 499
Price: $74.99 (HD) | $69.99 (SD) | Ignite TV $74.99
Ignite TV & DTV customers can order now!
Live Weigh-In January 18th @ 6PM ET

Promotional content running all day on CH 368 DTV & 430 Ignite TV until January 19th @ 9PM

Topic Stats
  • 36 replies
  • 6 Likes
  • 12 in conversation