SA Explorer 3200

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I'm a Reliable Contributor

SA Explorer 3200

My SA Explorer 3200 has died.  Just wondering if I should take it to a E-waste site or bring it back to a Rogers store?

Thank you.

***Edited Labels***

Solved! Go to Solution.
I'm a Senior Advisor

Re: SA Explorer 3200

@Square wrote:

My SA Explorer 3200 has died.  Just wondering if I should take it to a E-waste site or bring it back to a Rogers store?

Thank you.

Do you own it or rent it?

If you rent it, it has to go back to Rogers as they still own it and if there's no record of return, they'll charge you rent on it until the sun explodes.

If you bought it outright, then its yours to do with as you wish.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Chances are if u leave something at rogers that is broken it might end up in the trash. Its best to recycle it yourself. Check if your city has an electronic waste drop off most cities have one its free

I'm a Senior Advisor

Oh, you mean like the cups you put in the recycle bin at Tim's and Starbucks that end up in the trash? Smiley Sad

SA8300HD, SA8300SD, DTA50, LG-E410B PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
I'm a Reliable Contributor

Yes I own it.   Thank you for the advice.

I'm a Trusted Contributor

@OLDYELLR wrote:

Oh, you mean like the cups you put in the recycle bin at Tim's and Starbucks that end up in the trash? Smiley Sad

Exactly. Most municipalities have a program for electronics disposal. You simply place the items out next to your garbage bin and the materials will be picked up by a separate truck - be it old TVs, computers, VCRs, etc. etc. I am sure this would be preferrable to turning it back in to a Rogers store!

I'm a Senior Advisor

Not every municipality. We have to take our discarded electronics to the city works yard. In any case, every community has a disposal plan nowadays. If they don't and can't tell you, stick it in the garbage or store it in your basement until they do, if you're a real tree hugger. Smiley Wink

SA8300HD, SA8300SD, DTA50, LG-E410B PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
I Plan to Stick Around

I'm about to dispose of an owned 3200 box also.  Is there anything I need to worry about in terms deactivation or disassociating it from my account?  I find electronics left out on the curb as per city instructions usually get swiped before the waste management trucks show up so I just want to make sure in the event someone decides to take and use it, that whatever they do doesn't come back to my account.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

You should probably deactivate (remove) it from your account.  You might wish to advertize it on Kijiji or similar for a low price or no money (free) as some people use them for parts.