SA 8300HD Diagnostic Screen

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I'm an Advisor

SA 8300HD Diagnostic Screen

Most of you 8300 owners may know this already, but I found out something interesing from a tech who was here a couple of days ago. When you pull up the diagnostic screen on the 8300 with Select and Info, the screen blocks the picture behind it. Turns out the diagnostic screen can be make translucent so you can see the picture behind it. Just press and hold the Select button for a few seconds. You're welcome. Smiley LOL

***Edited labels***

Solved! Go to Solution.
I'm a Senior Advisor

Re: SA 8300HD Diagnostic Screen

Well, since I only access the diagnostic screens manually using the buttons on the box when I need to check something, I'm not watching anything, so that's not relevant. Is there a simple way to bring up the screens using the remote?

SA8300HD, SA8300SD, DTA50, LG-E410B PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
I'm a Senior Advisor

Try holding select until the message light blinks, then info.

I'm a Senior Advisor

I know that's how I do it phisically on the the box, but isnthere a way access the dignostics with the remote?

I'm a Senior Advisor

Sorry. I thought I was talking about the remote.... The internet had lied to me again!

So, no... It appears they're is no way to do it remotely.
I'm an Advisor

OLDYELLR:

Like Lurker, I don't know of a way to do it with the remote either. While it would normally not be something I do, it was very useful when the tech was here because I was having problems with the picture freezing on certain channels, and it was much easier to see it when the diagnostic screen was transparent.

I Plan to Stick Around

Unless I'm totally misunderstanding this thread, the way to enter the diagnostic screens with the remote is:

On a channel that you can pause (not a music channel etc.) press and hold the "pause" button until the info (little mail icon) flashes. Then press the "page+" button. The page +/- button changes the diagnostic pages. The "B" button changes the translucency of the screen. The "exit" does just that. 

I'm an Advisor

LF1949:

Move to the head of the class! Smiley LOL

Over the years, I had forgotten that trick because I always use the buttons on the box.

Thanks for posting that. I'm sure it will help someone.

I'm a Senior Advisor

Thanks, ! Now I can do it all in couch potato mode. Smiley Happy

Order Now!
Wilder vs. Ortiz II Live
LIVE: Saturday, November 23, 2019 8PM ET
Channels: 348 (HD) | 350 (SD) | Ignite TV 499
Price: $74.99 (HD) | $69.99 (SD) | Ignite TV $74.99
DTV can order on Nov. 21st & Ignite TV customers can order now!

Reigning heavyweight world champion Deontay "The Bronze Bomber'' Wilder takes on his most dangerous challenger as he defends his WBC title in a rematch against once-beaten Cuban slugger Luis "King Kong'' Ortiz.

Topic Stats
  • 8 replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 4 in conversation