Rogers support tickets

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm a Senior Advisor

Rogers support tickets

I had often heard abour Rogers "opening a ticket" to resolve a problem. About a couple of months ago I was missing PVR recordings from west coast timeshift channels and even Channel 11, CHCH Hamilton. I actually tuned in CHCH when it was supposed to be recording and saw intermittent video and audio. That's when I called Rogers Support to report the problem and the opened a ticket. I was supposed to get a response within 48 hours, which never happened. The problem went away after about 2 or 3 days, but ever since I've been getting emails like this:

Hello. This is a message from Rogers about your ticket number CTXXXXXXXX.

You contacted us on 4/18/2015 about an issue with your Rogers Cable Television Service service.

We apologize for the delay and thank you for your continued patience as our technical teams work on a resolution.

We will keep you informed on the ticket status and will contact you as soon as an update is available.

Thank you for choosing Rogers. 

Is Rogers really investigating the cause of the problem, or is this just a form email I'll be receiving in perpetuum pretending they're doing something about it?  From what I've seen reported by other customers, the west coast glitch was a temporary problem and I suspect CHCH had its own problem. Why is it that Rogers can't just admit it was a glitch and it's gone and keep pretending it's something they're invesigating?

Does anyone else here have a positive resolution to a "ticket"?  How are these tickets supposed to work, anyway?

***edited labels***

SA8300HD, SA8300SD, DTA50, LG-E410B PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
Retired Moderator RogersAsif
Retired Moderator

Re: Rogers support tickets

Hi @OLDYELLR

That message serves as a notification to let you know that your ticket is still open. You can request to have the ticket closed so you no longer receive the notification.

It would all depend on the issues at hand, some issues could be resolved in a few days where opposed to others which could take longer.

Would anyone else in the Community like to provide some feedback on their experience with Rogers Support Tickets?

RogersAsif

I'm a Senior Advisor

So how do I tell Rogers to close the ticket because the issue has gone away? The notifications say "Please do not reply to this email. Replies to this message are routed to an unmonitored mailbox. "  Is there a simpler way that calling and waiting in line?

Retired Moderator RogersAsif
Retired Moderator

@OLDYELLR

You would need to contact Rogers.

Visit the Contact Us Page here for information on our contact options . You could try live chat if you prefer not to call in.

RogersAsif

I'm a Senior Advisor

Well, I think I'll just wait for someone to contact me when they decide to tackle the complaint. That's about the only way I can see to have a conversation with a tech about it and get an explanation. 

I Plan to Stick Around

It's a standard email letting you know the issue is still open, unresolved.

I've been getting those emails weekly for MONTHS since the Android Lollipop problem with the PVR app. Once or IF they ever fix the app, they'll close the ticket and everyone will get an "your problem is resolved" email.
I'm a Senior Advisor

In my case it was a problem that was around for maybe a week, then went away. The fact that I still get the emails indicates to me that it was never looked at or investigated, or I would have had a call that it's fixed and the ticket should have been closed.

I've Been Here Awhile

emails from Rogers

I keep getting these emails with the subject:

An Important Message from Rogers

from "Rogers" <rogers@rogers.com>

Here is the email:

Important message.
Hello,

This is an update about your case number CTXXXXXXX.

We heard from you on 8/30/2016 about a problem you were having with your Rogers Internet Service.

We're sorry to say there's been a delay in fixing this problem. Thank you for your patience as our technical teams work on this.

We will contact you as soon as there's an update available.

Thanks for choosing Rogers.

I haven't had an open ticket for about 4 months.

I did not call Rogers on 8/30/2016 as mentioned in the email.

Could it be they are servicing my area?

We are having slower than normal internet speeds and slow pings 

around supper time.

I just never called because I am fed up with getting nowhere.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Other possibility might be what happened to me?

With rogers on your account, etc.. you can give them any email address.. whatever you use (gmail, etc).

I kept getting notifications for someone else (female, same last name, first same initial).
I beielive she THOUGHT her email address, was MINE.  (I think hers was the same, but with a dot after the first initial)
So she gave it to rogers to use to send stuff, etc.

I've Been Here Awhile

I am still getting this email. Actually I got it a few times since my last post. I don't have a problem with my internet and I DID NOT contact Rogers on 10/11/2016. Here is the latest email:

Hello, 

This is an update about your case number C109905791. 

We heard from you on 10/11/2016 about a problem you were having with your Rogers Internet Service. 

We're sorry to say there's been a delay in fixing this problem. Thank you for your patience as our technical teams work on this. 

We will contact you as soon as there's an update available. 

Thanks for choosing Rogers.

I just want to know how to stop these emails. If anyone knows how to do it please let me know.

Order Now!
Wilder vs. Ortiz II Live
LIVE: Saturday, November 23, 2019 8PM ET
Channels: 348 (HD) | 350 (SD) | Ignite TV 499
Price: $74.99 (HD) | $69.99 (SD) | Ignite TV $74.99
DTV can order on Nov. 21st & Ignite TV customers can order now!

Reigning heavyweight world champion Deontay "The Bronze Bomber'' Wilder takes on his most dangerous challenger as he defends his WBC title in a rematch against once-beaten Cuban slugger Luis "King Kong'' Ortiz.

Topic Stats
  • 14 replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 10 in conversation