Rogers remote programing RCA LED TV

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Here Awhile

Rogers remote programing RCA LED TV

I have recently purchased two LED TVs made by RCA and have spent many hours trying to program my rogers remote to either one of them

I have a basic remote for the digital adapter box and I also have a 5 button Remote for my Cable PVR box.

YES I have tried everything in the instruction manuals from automatic programing to manual code entry, multiple times. I know I am doing right as I was able to program one of my older TV’s on both of these remotes in the past.

The TVs I have are as follows:

RCA 24" LED TV/DVD COMBO ATSC TUNER Model #RLEDV2456A

RCA 32" LED TV  ATSC TUNER Model # RLDED3258A-E

Is there ever an update of the Remote Codes for these remotes provided by rogers to work with newer model TV’s????

The manual for the Model #RLEDV2456A TV states that the Universal Remote Control code is 007F which to me is not a valid remote code unless there is some kind of translation.

The manual for the Model # RLDED3258A-E TV states that the Universal Remote Control code are based on NEC codes but still I cannot program it from the NEC codes provided with the Rogers remote.

This is very frustrating as I would have thought rogers being the huge company it is would be on top of any technical differences.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

***Edited labels***

Solved! Go to Solution.
I've Been Around

Re: Rogers remote programing RCA LED TV

Hello,

I can't seem to get my remote control programmed for my RCA TV (Model L26HD41) - none of the recommended RCA codes work and I have stood in front of the TV for 30 minutes trying to get the code automatically by hitting the channel + key. I'm getting really frustrated.

Any help would be appreciated.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Unfortunately.. if you have tried all the regular codes for it.. and the manual method for that much.. you might be out of luck 😞

While these tend to be universal remotes.. unfortunately they cant always work with EVERY device.

Especially NEW TVs sometimes.. if they change their tvs to use new codes, etc.. the remotes may not have the newest codes.

Is it one of the remotes with the 4 colored buttons? or just 3?

I'm a Senior Advisor

I assume you tried here: http://www.urcsupport.com/html.php?page_id=518

SA8300HD, SA8300SD, DTA50, LG-E410B PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

As with ANY universal remote.. none of them ever will likely ever cover 100% of them, unless they are more advanced.

Especially with NEW TV's, if they dont follow the existing codes, its possible the remote doesnt contain the codes for it..

should/could they be updated? yes.. but possibly at the loss of other TVs then as well.

Usually the only ones that can do ALL, are things like the harmony remotes.. as you take the codes for the remotes, and they get PUSHED/LOADED at the time, into the remote.

You can try some of the stuff from THIS site.

Rogers Remote:

0047 (generic code) for rca it appears, showed for both tvs

Digital Adapter:

RLDED3258A-E - 11781

RLEDV2456A - 10047

When doing the manual one (where you are hitting the channel button till the tv turns off) how many times did you do it?  I know on your current TV, took about 250 presses before it found one.

I've Been Here Awhile

When doing the manual one I went through all the codes it seems as I have spent hours trying to make it work. I would get some respones from a code when using the CH+ button when searching but none turned the TV off. One code that it reacted to actually increased the volume of the TV by pressing the power button afterward and turned the TV off when you hit the VOL+ button. So the remote was actually connecting to the TV but the code did not give the correct button functions. Is there anyway to move these incorrect button functions to the correct button. Ie where the VOL+ was turning the TV off can one move that function to the power button?

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

I had an old CRT tv that was much like that..

Remote programed to it.. partially worked, at least the volume, etc.. but the power on/off didnt work for it.

I THINK there is a way to do some manuall per button programming.. but i am not sure how.  I think Pauly knows, if he shows up around this thread at some point.

I've Been Here Awhile

When you say "You can try some of the stuff from THIS site." was there a link to a site ??

As for the following codes listed I have tried these ones several times

Rogers Remote:

0047 (generic code) for rca it appears, showed for both tvs

Digital Adapter:

RLDED3258A-E - 11781

RLEDV2456A - 10047

I'm a Senior Advisor

I too had problems setting up the DTA50 remote for a small SEIKI LCD TV. The best I could do was following the instrictions that came with the DTA and still have to use the original TV remote to turn it on and off. However, I'd need the TV remote to change the picture size/shape anyway, so I could never use just the Rogers remote. Don't expect too much from this free remote.

As for the PVR remote, I've programmed it for 3 different TVs ranging from an old Samsung flat screen CRT model to a new Samsung LED Smart TV with no problem. When you go to http://urcsupport.com/ and enter Rogers, you'll see the first 3 remotes similar to the PVR remote. The first is the one with the backlit buttons and the third is the older one without the  "D" button. Try your TV model number with one of those to see if you get better results.

SA8300HD, SA8300SD, DTA50, LG-E410B PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Oldyellr posted the link... for some reason it didnt post on my previous post.. not sure why.. sorry about that.