Rogers remote programing RCA LED TV

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Rogers remote programing RCA LED TV

Just bought a RCA 50 inch LED model RLDED5099-UHD and can not program the Rogers 1056B03 remote control to turn off/on TV and sync with HD box.  Tried both auto scan and manual methods with negative results.  Anyone have any suggestions. 

***Edited Labels***

Solved! Go to Solution.
I'm a Senior Advisor

Re: Rogers remote programing RCA LED TV

I know that "RCA" TVs can't always be pogrammed for the DTA50 remote because they're not RCA anymore, just various Chinese manufacturers usin the name. Mave you looked here?

http://www.urcsupport.com/html.php?page_id=618

SA8300HD, SA8300SD, DTA50, LG-E410B PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
I've Been Here Awhile

Yes went through the whole list with no luck

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Quite possible the remote doesnt have a compatable code for it 😞

While they are a universal.. they only contain so many codes.. especially if its a NEW TV, and they use new codes, etc.. the remote may not have them 😞

I'm a Senior Advisor

I know it's a pain, but I have to use both the Rogers remote and the TV remote on a couple of my TVs to get all the functions. Even on my Samsung Smart TV I have to use the Samsung remote to switch from TV speakers to external and of course all the smart features. About the only way around this could be one of those Harmony universal remotes that can cost as much as a TV.

SA8300HD, SA8300SD, DTA50, LG-E410B PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
I've Been Here Awhile

Thanks....

I'm a Senior Advisor

You can get a basic level Harmony remote (still fully programmable and updateable) on Amazon for $45.

I've Been Here Awhile

Curtis makes my RCA and I'll give them a call or drop by their offices, which are nearby, and see if they can help.  Failing that I'll try the Harmony.  I have a Sony home theatre system that will not program as well and perhaps the Harmony remote will solve my problems.  Thanks.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

The harmoney.. from the basic or the highest.. usually have alot more luck.  As they dont store all the codes, etc.. when you set up the programming via the PC, it has a full database (usually more extensive it seems) and downloads the specific codes it needs.

As well, you can set up programming MACROs on it.

You can do a task of 'watch bluray'  and set it up.. so it does stuff in steps. 
Turn on surround sound

Change to input X on the surround sound

Even set volume to a specific level.

Turn on bluray
Turn on TV

Then at those points.. you can often set up then WHAT is being controled primarily at that time.. but even have it split up.
So when its done that macro... it ends with the BLURAY under control so you can do your menus, etc.. but the volume control, controls the surround sound.

I've Been Around

RCA RLED2265A-B TV 

Unable to program DTA50 remote. Have tried every method suggested and every code supplied. Anyone have any thoughts?