Rogers on Demand - TV shows not resuming

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Rogers Employee ShakTiburon
Rogers Employee

Re: Rogers on Demand - TV shows not resuming

Yea you got a hick up.
The "pause" is for temporary hold.
as @OLDYELLR stated, switched out of the channel or exiting ROD essentially STOPs the video and should be on your saved videos. (And only on that box, its not transferable on another box in the house, so you can't pick up the movie at another room)

Well, at least we got to the bottom of this and knows how it works.
Essentially, if you are stepping away more than 10-15 mins. Stop the video instead lol
I've Been Here Awhile

I am having the same problem with the pause button. This is the second movie that I have rented in a couple of weeks, and it went back to the beginning both times. This was just after a couple of minutes of being on pause.  The first time I thought it was a glitch or I that I had pressed the wrong button. It is very annoying, and I couldn't seem to get the fast forward to work. Is this going to be a regular occurrence, as we pay for this service and the movies. 

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Unfortunately, the pause button times out after 2 minutes to save server resources, so this is unlikely to change.  Instead of using pause, press "stop" instead.   The movie will start playing again after 2 minutes, but you can stop it again, or rewind to where you were.

I have not used it, but apparently under ROD there should be a place for "saved videos" or something like that. If you go there, you may be able to resume your video.

I've Been Here Awhile

I rented a movie on ROD last night and I would pause it to go and do something. When I would come back to continue playing it it would revert back to the beginning. After many times doing this I gave up. So now I have paid for a movie that I haven't completed watching. This isn't the first time. What am I doing wrong here? Or is this a glitch from my Nextbox? If it is, I would like a refund for the movie I purchased. Help!

I've Been Here Awhile

Thank you everyone for your advice. I will now STOP the movie instead of pause. Doesn't really make sense to stop a movie if you are away for a few minutes but it does make sense to stop a movie to save on server resources. Thanks all!
I've Been Around

This has happened to me a few times now. Most recently when I purchased a movie from ROD.
If I pause or stop the movie go into resume playing, it freezes on a black screen with the progress bar at the bottom. The only option is to restart the movie (or better yet sometimes doesn't even give you the option)! Now I have to fast forward through everything I just watched just to get back to where I left off. Super annoying especially when you are paying for said movie.
Is this a software issue? Or an equipment issue?
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@charlene1980:

This has been discussed extensively in this forum.  Please see post 13 of this thread as well as the following link:

http://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/forums/forumtopicpage/board-id/PVR_settop_boxes_remotes/message...

This appears to be a firmware issue.  Let's hope that Rogers addresses the issue sometime soon.