Rogers on Demand: ‘In Theatres Now’

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm Here A Lot

Rogers on Demand: ‘In Theatres Now’

I did find a post regarding when movies are released on demand but I could not find the answer to the ‘In Theatres Now’ for 7.99 release dates. Which movies can you watch that are in theatres? How long after can you view them or rent them.

I guess for example lets say the new Star Wars film coming out in a week, how long after could I purchase the  ‘In Theatres Now’ on demand to view this movie. I see its 7.99 than the regular movies at 4.99.

Thanks.
Tiago

***Edited Labels***

Retired Moderator RogersMay
Retired Moderator

Re: Rogers on Demand: ‘In Theatres Now’

Hello @tangomike88,

You can find the movies available to order by going on channel 100 > Movies > In Theatres Now

The “In Theatres Now” collection presents movies on Rogers On Demand the same day as the movie plays in theatres.

Hope this answers your questions Smiley Happy

RogersMay

I've Been Around

Is this only available in Ontario. Seems like a good feature.
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

I know it IS in ontario.. may not be on the east coast though, etc.

BUT.. be warned.. its not THAT great of a service.

Dont expect, at least at this time, to see big blockbusters like star wars on there.

MOST of the stuff i have seen on there so far, are all your B grade movies.. your almost direct to dvd type ones.

I've Been Around

just viewed what was available...none were antying you would want to watch...and the vast majority have long since been released on video.........very disappointing

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

I do remember reading an article on this a while back.

Rogers is/has been wanting.. what their ULTIMATE goal is... to yes.. be able to offer movies that are in the theatre aavailable at home.
Yes.. might cost $20 to rent at home.. but still cheaper than buying 2+ movie tickets.. no expenisive food, no needing to pay for a babysitter, etc.

BUT.. rogers isnt the only party involved here Smiley Sad

For them to be able to do this, the studios who are releasing the videos, need to agree to this as well, etc.
THAT is where likely the bigest roadblock is.

The stuff that is on there, is only stuff that they  have been able to get the rights too.

I've Been Around

Exactly!  The use of "In Theatres Now" is totally mis-leading.  "In DVD Now" is more appropriate!