Rogers digital cable remote batteries life

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Here Awhile

Rogers digital cable remote batteries life

I have to change my batteries daily. .its getting quite expensive. ..I want to know if anyone else has this problem or what can I do?

***Edited Labels***

Solved! Go to Solution.
Rogers Employee ShakTiburon
Rogers Employee

Re: Rogers digital cable remote batteries life

Change your remote not the batteries.

If your remote is eating up your batteries, thens something is wrong with the hardware - The Remote can be swapped at a Rogers Plus Store.

If your batteries are old and stored for a long time, it could be expired (so make sure you didn't buy expired batteries). Which could also be a problem.

Secondly, make sure your batteries if stored aren't stored in wrong temperatures, as that can cause corrosion.

Also, are your batteries recharable batteries? if they are, they might just not be holding a charge.

You have a good question, but it is a very simple fix, depending on what the root cause is. Smiley Happy

Hope this helps!

Edit: (Updated Content)

I'm a Senior Advisor

@daniellemabelle wrote:

I have to change my batteries daily. .its getting quite expensive. ..I want to know if anyone else has this problem or what can I do?

***Edited Labels***

Do you have one of the rare backlit remotes? Do you keep it in a pocket where the buttons can get pressed? I find the batteries last at least a year, so maybe as @ShakTiburon says, you have a defective remote. (My Samsung TV remote has some lighted buttons and can run down the batteries as I've described.)

SA8300HD, SA8300SD, DTA50, LG-E410B PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
Rogers Employee

Side note:
@OLDYELLR Rogers BlackLit remotes are rare? O__O I have so many of them!
I've Been Here Awhile

I don't have a backlit one its pretty regular I'm sure but I've only had rogers 3 days and had to change the battery 3 times lol I'm sure that can't be right..was just making sure it wasn't a regular thing with these remotes before I complain for a new one...thank you guys you have been very helpful Smiley Happy
Rogers Employee

You're welcome @daniellemabelle
It's an easy swap at any Rogers Plus Stores (Plus you get new batteries with them!)

Gald we can help! Give us a Like if you want! (Helps us feel good! haha)
I'm a Senior Advisor

I have a 1056B03 remote (says so on the back) and the urcsupport.com website shows it's backlit, but mine isn't. Maybe it was assembled using missmatched parts. I remember some talk about only some customers getting them and being discontinued, but then Rogers said they were bringing them back. What's the scoop?

Anyway, what I meant was that my Samsung remote has shorter battery life because the light button often gets pressed when it's in my recliner chair pocket.

I've Been Here Awhile

Mines 1056b03 as well
Highlighted
I'm a Senior Advisor

If you go to http://www.urcsupport.com/index.php and the older page http://www.urcsupport.com/index.php?mso_id=869 you'll see that 1056B03 looks like it's backlit, but ours looks like one of the older ones.

Rogers Employee

I have 1056B03 as well. With the power button on the Top Right and a "LIST" button slight below the middle of the remote...

I don't see any way the blacklit stays on though. I even tried to keep it permanantly on but no luck. Maybe your recliner pocket is too tight and keeps pressing a button?