Rogers announces 4K set top box and broadcasting in 4K with HDR

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Here Awhile

Re: Rogers announces 4K set top box and broadcasting in 4K with HDR

We are now into JUne - any updates on 4K PVR, or should I just resign my self to switching to Bell Vibe.

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @mramage

Unfortunately nothing has been said publicly yet so far. Now there is rumors going around end of summer which makes no sense what's so ever as we all know Bell has their PVR out but I do wonder maybe it's happening because of the Navigtr update causing the drawbacks. The update on the current NB3 boxes have had many issues. Maybe they are trying to make those issues go away before releasing the 4K PVR box instead of it having full of bugs.
I've Been Here Awhile

Thank you.

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @mramage

You are welcome.
I've Been Here Awhile

At this point is all content shown on the 4k channels in 4k? Or is it just some with the rest being upscaled? Anything on shomi yet?

I was a bit disappointed to see that while it is noticably better than Rogers HD picture, it's barely better than Bell Fibe HD so for me 4k doesn't seem worth it with Rogers. Netflix it looks amazing. Is this just me?

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @nvgk456

Only channels are in 4K are 4 Sports channels and channel 999 which gives u some 4K containt that u can watch.

Again you have to understand this just came out. Do you remember when 1080P came out? Same thing. It lagged a bit until more broadcasters got into it and all the equipment was there for it. The 4K image on Rogers is amazing. It's as good as Netflix. Also u have to realize that there are only a complain shows and movies on 4K on Netflix. Same with Rogers.

As for shomi, i hope they add soon that selection.
I've Been Here Awhile

After watching the Euro final today, it looked great. I think most events shown on the 4k channels must only be upscaled because this looked much better than many other sports events I've seen.
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hey guys!

Anyone that is paying for the VIP 4K channels I would highly suggest to call in and have them waive it as on the Rogers website it states that anyone getting the 4K box and the VIP 4K package won't have to pay for 1 year ( no agreement, they are doing it as a gift of some sort) I called and did it. So i would highly suggest doing it!
Order Now!
Wilder vs. Ortiz II Live
LIVE: Saturday, November 23, 2019 8PM ET
Channels: 348 (HD) | 350 (SD) | Ignite TV 499
Price: $74.99 (HD) | $69.99 (SD) | Ignite TV $74.99
DTV can order on Nov. 21st & Ignite TV customers can order now!

Reigning heavyweight world champion Deontay "The Bronze Bomber'' Wilder takes on his most dangerous challenger as he defends his WBC title in a rematch against once-beaten Cuban slugger Luis "King Kong'' Ortiz.

Topic Stats