Rogers announces 4K set top box and broadcasting in 4K with HDR

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Here Awhile

Re: Rogers announces 4K set top box and broadcasting in 4K with HDR

We switched our Nextbox for the Nextbox 4k last month. We were not told in the shop that the 4k Nextbox does not have any D/PVR functionality. I honestly don’t know why Rogers would do this! As of now we value the PVR functionality more than the 4k content so unless we can be sure the 4K box with PVR is coming (and we can get it) in the next month, we would preferably have our old box back. The current 4k box is a downgrade without PVR.

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @jamesawilcock

They should have let u know about this. It's only mentioned on their website as well that it's not a PVR model. The PVR 4K box was supposed to be released in April but it got pushed back due to some issues I believe.

You can contact Rogers and schedule a tech to come over and have them change the box to th NB3 for you if u like or go walk into any Rogers store to do so.
Highlighted
Rogers Employee lockdown2341
Rogers Employee

@jamesawilcock @Meowmix

Well let's look at this logically here.

There is currently two non-4K Nextbox terminals. A Nextbox HD and Nextbox HDPVR.

Note how there is a clear distinction between them.

The 4K one is just advertised as a "4K Nextbox". Doesn't state anywhere in the name that it is, in fact, a HDPVR.

I would think the fact that it isn't advertised as being a HDPVR would be enough; not up to ROGERS to tell you something that really should be obvious. Are you just assuming it has HDPVR functionality? You know what they say about assumptions....

I've Been Here Awhile

@lockdown2341 This is 2016 HDPVR should be as standard in all set top boxes you shouldnt need to have to not assume this. 

When you buy the latest technology from a shop you expect it to have everything your previous model had and upgrades.  The shop employee had the information of our current setup on file.  

Don't asume the customer knows the history of all the previous models.

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @lockdown2341

Don't know why you tagged me as I know the difference and also have both boxes. 🙂

Also actually it Is up to Rogers to advertise it as its being sold by ROGERS. The reps should be aware and let the customers know. They are supposed to let the customers know. That is what customer service experience is all about. It doesn't matter what the name of the product is. The sells reps and techs are supposed to inform the customer what it can and can not do. If the customers haven't done any reviews or search about it, the seller aka Rogers should let them know which are the reps.
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @jamesawilcock

Not all of them have a PVR function. The reason why they didn't release that is due to the software which Rogers is putting into the Technicolor 4K PVR box which is stated to be released soon.
I've Been Here Awhile

Will we be charged a fee for switching to the new version when it becomes available?  That would be pretty annoying since that is what we thought we were getting in the first palce.  

The main question is when exactly it will appear because right now I'm undecided whether to hang on without PVR or return aour box and get our old N3HDPVR back.

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @jamesawilcock

Yes you will as the PVR version will cost a bit more then the non PVR model. Just like how the NB3 and the HD box have different prices.

Unfortunately no one knows yet. It was delayed due to a issue.
I'm a Senior Advisor

@jamesawilcock So you "upgraded" from a Nextbox 3.0 HDPVR to the new 4K box and nobody explained you would lose the PVR function. Sounds like used car salesman tactics to me, or the sales person didn't know the difference. If I were you I'd immediately get it switched back to a Nextbox 3.0 and make sure you're not paying the higher monthly rental. Personally, I could not live without my PVR. After that, I wouldn't jump at getting a 4K PVR whenever they become available until you know there are no bugs with them by following these forums.

SA8300HD, SA8300SD, DTA50, LG-E410B PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @OLDYELLR

Agreed!. As i explained on page 29 to another user that it's customer service experience if u get all the details. If the store rep doesn't give u those, then it's not customer service at all. Lack of information can get the customer confused and blamed for something they are not at fault.