Rogers announces 4K set top box and broadcasting in 4K with HDR

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm a Senior Contributor

Re: Rogers announces 4K set top box and broadcasting in 4K with HDR

Can anyone with a Harmony remote confirm what model you used to add the 4k box to your list of devices?

The CAV10242HD listed on the front of the box is not available in Harmony's database.

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @AnonymousUser

I am using the Harmony Elite and even though it didn't find it, I did the other steps that show me on my phone app and it worked.

Here's the image below

image.jpegimage.png

image.pngimage.png

I'm a Senior Contributor

Images don't show up for me. Odd.
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @AnonymousUser

The mods will have to approve of the images before they are allowed on. The images show my Harmony Elite programmed for the 4K box and also the app showing a few things as well.

I'm a Senior Contributor

Ok, but what box did you select?

I set my Ultimate to use the 9865HD for now, still functions ok, just would be nice to have the proper box added.

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @AnonymousUser

Once it showed there is no box with that name it told me something about if u have the Rogers remote press power and point it at the top of the Harmony hub. Follow the steps that show up on the app. That's all.

It told me to press the power button, the channel up, volume up and some other steps via the Rogers remote pointing ontop of the hub.

I'm a Senior Contributor

@Meowmix wrote:

Hello @AnonymousUser

Once it showed there is no box with that name it told me something about if u have the Rogers remote press power and point it at the top of the Harmony hub. Follow the steps that show up on the app. That's all.

It told me to press the power button, the channel up, volume up and some other steps via the Rogers remote pointing ontop of the hub.

COMPLETELY LOST but do you think the ABOVE sequence of buttons would do anything (GOOD) for the 9865 PVR POWER-SAVING feature?

(I.E. DELETE / DISABLE IT?)

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @YtanyaY

Dont ask me. Go ask Harmony. They are the ones that showed me a few steps and followed. My Harmony Elite works just fine.
I've Been Around

Does anyone know when whole home pvr will be available on the 4K boxes? And why does it turn on by itself randomly?

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @thekev11

Most likely it will be enabled when the 4K PVR will be available. Many don't see it but the reason they did it is because the 4K PVR which should be released March / April can record 4K VS the NB3 which can AND it also have new internals and a new MoCa filter.

So best bet is when the 4K PVR Box comes out it will be enabled.

I just got my second 4K box this morning for my living room.