Rogers announces 4K set top box and broadcasting in 4K with HDR

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: Rogers announces 4K set top box and broadcasting in 4K with HDR

Hello @Schummi

yeah mine does that too as well. I wonder why this is happening.
I Plan to Stick Around

i have a question my dad just got samsung un48ju6800 and he has a netbox 3 and is it enable of resolution to 2160p

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Contributor

No, though a TV could upscale the output of the Nextbox 3 from 1080i to 2160p.

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @neilpalmer400

Tech it can BUT not to near 4K though. Believe me i work in the industry & see it & how many complain about it with the current Rogers & Bell boxes. They say its choppy & such.
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @kh29

Sadly no. It can upscale but not to 4K. It can only upscale to a certain resolution which may be close to 2160P
I Plan to Stick Around

I'm also seeing my NB 4K turn on on its own....and today is the first time I've seen the 999 channel become choppy and unwatchable....

Has anyone been able to add this receiver to a harmony profile?

dreamer
I Plan to Stick Around

It's the same frequency as my old 8300hd pvr box. So I didn't even have to reprogram my harmony. Try the profile for the 8300hd and see.
I Plan to Stick Around

Ya I still have my NB 3 profile running it and so far it runs it OK...was just curious if it's in the Logitech database....

dreamer

I'm Here A Lot

Currently watching the raps celtics game. Can see slight differences in picture quality from tsn to (999 tsn4k). I feel this is mainly due to the tv upscaling the 1080 feed. I feel for the last year the tv has upscaled a lot and now i only notice a small upgrade in quality from 1080 upscale to current 4k. Just went upstairs and checked the 1080 feed on my 1080 TV. Def a better picture on the 4kTV campared to the 1080 TV

I'm a Senior Contributor

@neilpalmer400 wrote:

@Schummi wrote:
Just an update for Meowmix. My 4k box still turns on by itself. I wish they would fix this.

At least it turns on.  Many Nextbox 2 & Nextbox 3 customers who are victims of the latest Navigatr update from Rogers find the box keeps going to sleep and the ONLY way they can turn it on is to UNPLUG THE POWER CORD TO FORCE A REBOOT.  And this is happening to many customers several times a day !

Would you know if these very lucky people have had the NAVIGATR since July or more recently. I am trying to do some research!

Since mine has responded so far and my <LOSS-OF-TELEVISION-ENTERTAINMENT-AS-I-KNEW-it> present came on December 18th, 2015 – (A FRIDAY) I wonder if the NB 3.0 being subject to less time with the <should-have-recalled-it-in-July-IMO> ACCIDENT, may not have succumbed yet whereas those BOXES who received the "PRE-program" in July may have reached their time-limit.

Just a thought!

And I am sorry and thank you!