Rogers announces 4K set top box and broadcasting in 4K with HDR

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Re: Rogers announces 4K set top box and broadcasting in 4K with HDR

I wish I could get Rogers if I can't get the Leafs and Jays in 4K with my current suppliers, Shaw Direct for Satellite and Cogeco Cable for internet. Maybe some announcement is still to come on other options for getting these games. I'll contact them and see if they can secretly give me an account in Cogeco's territory. 🙂 Thanks

I've Been Here Awhile

Looks like we are in the same boat, accept your boat can get the Rogers 4k 🙂 I too have searched many hours trying to find the best quality as I can get as my 174" screen needs as many pixels as I can get to it. Moving is out of the question 🙂 I almost went with an over the air antenna also but for now I am settling with a Sony FMP-X10 4k box to stream Netflx 4k, download Sony's 4k Movies which I needed a VPN for and it can also store lots of the 4k videos that are on Youtube. I will continue to search and wait for some kind of announcement from Shaw Direct, Cogeco Cable, Bell Satellite or even some way to get these signals on the internet, I heard Bell Fibe may be the first but guess what, I can't get that in my area either and I am not in a rural area.

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @AnonymousUser

Unfortunately it does not. It won't do that until I believe when the 4K PVR Box gets released this spring.
I'm a Senior Contributor

Thanks for confirming Meowmix.

I'm Here A Lot

To the people who posted the 18668045208 number thanks! If you want anythign to do with rogers 4k call that number. I just called and they said they are the 4k department and the only department that has the knowledge of rogers 4K. He asked if i wanted to have the tech come out and install everything i said yes. Friday between 2-5. Iam in Barrie by the way so its available here. He also told me the 4k box is compatible with whole hoem pvr system and that it has an optical input on the box. Of course this is still all technicaly here say but il let ya know more info come friday.

I'm Here A Lot

I assume your replying to his comment of the whole home? Do you have the 4k box right now? I was just on the phone with the rogers 4K department and dude told me it is compatible with whole home. I dont have the whole home currently but i assume it works by recording witht the pvr and viewing on the HD terminals, so I would hope it would be the same on the 4k terminals. Its just a HD terminal with hdmi 1.4 or better and improved cpu specs???? Rogers wouldnt be silly enough not to include the whole home connection.. would they.... Hmmm they probably would lol. What say you Meowmix

I'm a Reliable Contributor

@jayman69 wrote:

He also told me the 4k box is compatible with whole hoem pvr system and that it has an optical input on the box.

You sure it is an input and not an output?  It makes more sense to have an optical sp/dif output to send audio to your AVR.

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @jayman69

Unfortunately as i said before no its not. Whole Home PVR isn't available yet for the 4K box. Yes i got it December 31st and have a close friend in the cable department which deals with the 4K boxes. He said and as i know from mine Whole Home PVR doesn't work on the 4K box yet. So don't get ur hopes up.

They most likely can't add it due to the box differences and also on top of that their 4K PVR Box is coming out April which will work on that one.
I'm a Reliable Contributor

How does the existing Whole Home PVR distribute the signal to other cable boxes?  Via MoCA?  Maybe the new boxes don't have MoCA capabilities?

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @wayner92

I believe it does. I spoke to someone at Rogers which is in the management team and also spoke to someone at Technicolor and both said the Whole Home PVR won't be enabled on the current 4K box until the 4K PVR Box is out. Also take what normal reps say with a grain of salt. Some reps either don't know or aren't trained to answer all the questions.
Now on PPV
BARE KNUCKLE FC 9: LOBOV VS. KNIGHT 2
LIVE: Saturday, November 16, 2019 9PM ET
Channels: 348 (HD) | 350 (SD) | Ignite TV 499
Price: $39.99 (HD) | $39.99 (SD) | Ignite TV $39.99
DTV & Ignite TV customers can order now!

Bare Knuckle Fighting Championship returns with BKFC 9, featuring the rematch of April’s “The Fight of the Year” between former UFC star Artem Lobov and Jason Knight.

Topic Stats