Rogers announces 4K set top box and broadcasting in 4K with HDR

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: Rogers announces 4K set top box and broadcasting in 4K with HDR

Hello @wayner92

I don't have that but they didn't say anything that I needed the Gigabyte Internet at all. It seems they might be doing it at the same time
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @robinrobin

That's incorrect. It seems the tech support agents aren't really trained much. You don't need to have Gigabit Internet in order to have the 4K box. As shown above i got the box today and I don't have the Gigabit Internet speeds.
I'm an Advisor

@Meowmix wrote:
Hello @robinrobin

That's incorrect. It seems the tech support agents aren't really trained much. You don't need to have Gigabit Internet in order to have the 4K box. As shown above i got the box today and I don't have the Gigabit Internet speeds.

@Meowmix

Is your NB 4K connected to the internet? I'd be awfully surprised if it is.

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @jimboden

Nope it's not. They didn't ask for a connection or anything. I did see 8 tuners, WiFi and such in the settings but blanked out.
I'm a Reliable Contributor

@Meowmix wrote:
Hello @jimboden

Nope it's not. They didn't ask for a connection or anything. I did see 8 tuners, WiFi and such in the settings but blanked out.

Does the STB have a Netflix app or Netflix channel?  Wasn't that part of the deal when Rogers announced 4K - that they would also be supporting Netflix on their boxes.

I'm a Senior Advisor

So it has no PVR functionality at all, at least presently? I wonder what the blacked out WiFi would be for? I wonder in the future if you would need Rogers Internet.

SA8300HD, SA8300SD, DTA50, LG-E410B PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @wayner92

That's what I heard as well but haven't seen anything but it since the announcement. I haven't seen that on the box yet but once I go home tomorrow, I'll post back on it.
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @OLDYELLR

No PVR on the first 4K box. The PVR is announced to come out sometime April. Most likely they blocked it out due to as you said maybe Rogers Internet or most likely to be able to stream Netflix and other apps through the boxes.
Highlighted
I'm a Senior Advisor

@Meowmix wrote:

Btw look at the remote we get. Backlight as well!

1d99f463-1398-4bea-b655-b6fe4933b5af.jpg

IMG_0149.JPG

So this is a completely different remothe that what's shown on the URC Support site. Could this be what Rogers is going to?

SA8300HD, SA8300SD, DTA50, LG-E410B PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @OLDYELLR

Yeah this is the new remote Rogers gave me this morning. The tech agent got his buddy to go back to the warehouse and get it and come back. It's RF ready as well. So this remote is capable with RF so if u put the box behind a cabinet, the remote will work but it's a feature that won't be turned on until later on. But it's ready.

I like this remote. Again i use my Harmony Elite in the living room and I use this guy in my bedroom.