Rogers/URC remote 1055 does not work with Denon AVR S500BT

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Around

Rogers/URC remote 1055 does not work with Denon AVR S500BT

I have a Rogers/URC remote model 1055. When I program the "AUD" button to control the receiver (Denon AVR S500BT), the volume button only moves the volume by 1-step.  If I hold the button, the volume does not change continuously, it just moves by 1-step.   When I use the Denon remote, the volume changes continuously (as long as the button is held).   Why does the URC remote supplied by Rogers not work the same way ?    I checked here: http://www.urcsupport.com and there were about 8 different codes but they either don't work, or just move the volume by 1-step.

Any suggestions ?

***Edited labels***

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: Rogers/URC remote 1055 does not work with Denon AVR S500BT

Most likely, that remote just doesnt have the proper code set for that receiver.. it has one that is CLOSE and why its kind of working.

And its the 1055 you have?  The only 3 button A, B, C  ?  (it doesnt have the green D?)

if so, that is a much older model.   The newer ones, MIGHT have an updated code in it.
You dont have to switch the box, etc... you can take the remote into a store, and have them swap it for you.
(you will just have to re program it to the TV, etc again.)

I'm an Advisor

I'm with Gdkitty here, a newer version of the remote control is avaialable and might work for you. I have previously received a new remote from techncians, after complaining of slow response on my PVR during a service call.

Just an idea to save you a drive to Rogers Plus.
I've Been Here Awhile

If you check the page that accompanies the remote, (at least with the newer silver ring remote) there should be a section to lock any device volume to the remote. After you've programmed the appropriate code for the AV receiver etc. hold 'setup' until 'cable' blinks twice. Then touch the 'vol up' button once and then the 'aud' button. From then on, your Rogers remote should control that device.