Rogers Remote & Samsung Smarthub

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Here Awhile

Rogers Remote & Samsung Smarthub

I have the latest Rogers remote and I was wondering if any one knew how to access the Samsung SmartHub using the Rogers remote? Is there a shortcut key? I have checked URC website and haven't found a way.

Any help greatly apprecited!

***EDITED LABELS***

Solved! Go to Solution.
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: Rogers Remote & Samsung Smarthub

Hello @jpfxd

Unfortunately no i do not believe you can. I haven't seen or heard of any way of the Rogers remotes control the smart hubs for any smart tv. You will have to control that with your Samsung controller I am afraid.
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@jpfxd

I have a Samsung UN55KS8000 TV and the new Rogers RF Remote. I can control the smart hub/netflix/tv settings/etc. using the Rogers Remote. First make sure the Rogers Remote is programmed to control the tv: http://www.urcsupport.com/urc_product/champion-plus-urc2125b0-bb/

After that just hit the "TV" button on the remote and hit the "Menu" key, to bring up the smart hub, then use the Directional Keys  to move around and the "Exit" key to exit.

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @gp-se

Oh yeah? Glad you said that as when I worked at Best Buy are Samsung and Rogers rep failed to say that back 6 months ago. I guess either they didn't know or didn't want to mention it.

As for voice control though that has to be done via the Samsung remote the as Rogers doesn't support that.

On my LG 65 inch 4K OLED (2016) and my 55X850XBR I use the Harmony Elite remotes. So that's why I never tried.
Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@Meowmix Yup it works great, but no voice control using the Rogers RF Remote Smiley Sad

I'm thinking of getting a Harmony Remote if Rogers doesn't fix the 4k box defaulting to 720p when turned on. Right now I have to turn on in this order or the box resets to 720p: TV-> Yamaha AVR-> Nextbox 4k. Does anyone know if the 4k PVR also suffers from the 720p reset issue?

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @gp-se

Yes a few customers I know got the 4K PVR box and still have that issue I am afraid Smiley Sad. It might stop or not happen to some but others seem to still have that issue.

The Harmony remote is amazing. I still like the Rogers RF one but the elite is what i like. Controls my Philip hue lights, Sonos system, TVs and also my ps4 lol.

I'm a Senior Advisor

@jpfxd wrote:

I have the latest Rogers remote and I was wondering if any one knew how to access the Samsung SmartHub using the Rogers remote? Is there a shortcut key? I have checked URC website and haven't found a way.

Any help greatly apprecited!

***EDITED LABELS***

I guess you mean the new RF remote, not the regular IR remote. I have a Samsung UN50F6300AF Smart TV and the regular Rogers remote will control most functions when the TV button is pressed. The new RF remote doesn't have all the functions of the IR one.

SA8300HD, SA8300SD, DTA50, LG-E410B PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
I've Been Here Awhile

I know about that way of doing it. I was just wondering if there was a hot key.

Is there anyway to program the A, B, C, D key? I would think that there should be a way to program those, I have tried them and they do nothing on STB an TV.

I've Been Here Awhile

i have the same tv but the 60" inch version...they has to be a way to program a hot key.

my old remote also worked for my Pioneer reciever and changing the input on the receiver.

I'm a Senior Advisor

Yes, it sure would be nice if you could one of the Rogers remote keys. Since I don't have a Nextbox, the "D" (weather) button does nothing. I love the ergonomics of the old Rogers remote and hate the Samsung, which I pick up backwards half the time. Maybe the only solution is a Harmony.

SA8300HD, SA8300SD, DTA50, LG-E410B PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario