Rogers On Demand (not online, through my TV) playlist problems

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Rogers On Demand (not online, through my TV) playlist problems

Trying to add different shows for my kids on treehouse on demand, but I can't when i create a playlist. For example, I choose backyardigans, select a show, and back out to the main menu to try and add toopy and binou and the playlist is lost. Is this a design flaw? Can I only add shows within the same section?

***Edited labels***

Solved! Go to Solution.
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Rogers On Demand (not online, through my TV) playlist problems

I've never heard of making a playlist. I'm not familiar with Treehouse on demand in particular (I generally only use TMN on Demand), but are you sure this is a feature that  is supposed to be available?

I've Been Around

Same issue here, trying to create a playlist but there is no Fav button on new remote control to do so call Rogers but tech support doesn't know either and suggested me to find an old remote with Fav button on it.....

I've Been Around

Similarly, I cannot figure out how to create a playlist with my converter.  Help would be appreciated.

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

You can see if you can get one of the older remotes - Rogers often have them at some stores - call ahead - they'll usually give you one for free, or purchase a Harmony or similar programmable remote.

I'm Here A Lot

Channels / Playlists

I can looking for info regards to finding channels by theme and  anyway to save  playlist of 

series. For example I will be watching game of thrones episode one,  I will add all of season one into a playlist so I can watch in sequence at my pace. A few days latter the playlist contents are gone. I then end up searching the show with navigator and cannot find a simple show. You get unrelated results and some are totally blank. 

called chat help and told nothing can be done

I'm a Senior Advisor

When I create a play list and don't watch it right away, it's gone. Maybe that's how it's supposed to work.

SA8300HD, SA8300SD, DTA50, LG-E410B PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
I'm a Senior Advisor

Speaking of Rogers On Demand, I just watched a show I had missed and was very disappointed. Lots of commercials that can't be skipped. When I tried skipping the first one I ended up with a black screen and had to start from scratch and find the show again. It then resumed minutes after where it had left off and I had to back up into the commercials and watch them all over again.  Just curious if the On Demand is the same now on Ignite TV.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@OLDYELLR  The on-demand material depends on what is negotiated with the rights holder.  For example, a premium OD programme like on Crave will usually not have commercials and will air the same way it does/did/will do on the regular channel and you can FF, etc.

A programme that aired on a regular channel may be negotiated differently and contain commercials that you cannot skip (even though you could had you recorded it on your PVR).  Rogers may not have to pay to add this sort of programming to OD (conjecture)

OTT programming can be different again.

On Ignite they have a "restart" feature where you can go back to view (some) programming that you missed, but it's not OD and you typically cannot skip commercials on restart.

So, it's not necessarily the platform (Ignite or regular cable) that constricts you but rather the rights negotiated between Rogers and the rights holder (broadcaster) and the method used to convey the programming (STB, OD, OTT, Streaming, restart, DD5.1, HD, 4K, etc. which are all negotiated separately).

I'm a Senior Advisor

Thanks for the overview. It just seems to me that there are more commercials and less ability to fast forward than a few years ago. But maybe the rights holders are milking the feature for a lot more these days.  But there are still a few shows on ROD not crippled.