Rogers Ignite TV Installation/Experiences/Questions

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Rogers Ignite TV Installation/Experiences/Questions

Answering my own question on scheduled recordings. It is possible to view and edit them as follows:

Menu > Saved > Scheduled > Series Priority

Then selected the desired item and press the Info button. From here you can see when the recording is scheduled, and on what channel. You can also cancel the recording/series from here.

This should be one of the tips in the Rogers Help section.

I've Been Here Awhile

Hi Everyone, 

I just had Rogers Ignite installed yesterday. I've been unfortunately having issues ever since. 

First issue is the box on my main floor does not appear to be getting a strong enough signal from the ignite modem in the basement. The TV will intermittently freeze up. I assume I have to call Rogers about this - I'm hoping they'll be able to do something. 

My second issue is the ignite TV box in the basement - I've tried to hook it up to my projector and I'm unfortunately not getting a picture. It works with my TV however. I'm wondering if anyone else has had issues with the Ignite going to projector?

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@Chris54 : What's the make and model number of the projector?  Was it working via HDMI before? What box was it connected to before?

I Plan to Stick Around

@Chris54, the install tech should have checked and measured the wifi signal strength across all floors of your home, and particularly the location of the main floor TV box. If the signal strength was not good enough then a mesh system would have been recommended (extra small cost). When the tech returns to address the issue with the TV on the main floor you can ask them about the projector.

I've Been Here Awhile

Hello, 

Thanks for the quick reply! 

The projector is an Optoma UHD51A

My projector was not hooked up to a cable box before - but it is working with both my Xbox One and computer plugged in via HDMI so I'm confident it's not my hardware.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@Chris54 wrote:

The projector is an Optoma UHD51A

Thanks for the info. I was concerned that the FP might not accept say 1080P, however, with this 4K projector, you should not have incoming format issues.

How long is your HDMI cable from the Ignite box to the FP?  Although it may work with your computer and Xbox, sometimes certain sources do not provide enough "oomph" to get the signals through a longer cable.  Also, are you going "through" an AVR (Audio Video Receiver) or directly?  Have you tried different (and shorter) HDMI cables directly just as a test?

One more thing - the Ignite might be sending 4K signals and the HDMI cable may not be capable?  When connected to a TV try setting the Ignite output to 1080P. What is the output setting on the Xbox and computer?

I Plan to Stick Around

@Gdkitty wrote:

I think the IR port is on the front, so make sure your device pointing the IR signal is pointing to there.

As for what you need to program, look up Comcast boxes, the X1 i believe, and it should work for this one.

What @Gdkitty said.

I Plan to Stick Around

Sounds like it might an HDCP issue, devices have to provide a "copy protection" signal to prove they are not a recording device. TV’s work, other sources that are not cable don’t care (XBox etc).

if your projector doesn’t provide a valid HDCP code, it won’t work. You can buy Chinese devices that spoof HDCP of course. Amazon has a good selection (HDMI "splitters" with HDCP compatibility).

I Plan to Stick Around

@Nick_W wrote:

Sounds like it might an HDCP issue, devices have to provide a "copy protection" signal to prove they are not a recording device. TV’s work, other sources that are not cable don’t care (XBox etc).

if your projector doesn’t provide a valid HDCP code, it won’t work. You can buy Chinese devices that spoof HDCP of course. Amazon has a good selection (HDMI "splitters" with HDCP compatibility).

I just checked your projector, it’s HDMI 2.0 HDCP 2.2, so it’s not the HDCP as I was thinking, could be the HDMI cable though, the Rogers supplied cable is not HDMI 2.0. Have you tried an HDMI 2.0 cable?

I'm Here A Lot

Hello, I have read several of the posts and got bits and pieces of Ignite TV and I need more technical info to help me switch from my Rogers Cable to Ignite TV.. I just purchased two 4K OLED tv's and I want to upgrade my old rogers boxes to new standards. I will be getting the 1GB internet so I have the fastest internet speeds for download and upload. Here are my questions: 1. What resolution does the Ignite tv bring signal to your TV ? 720P, 1080i, 1080P, 2160P/30/60? 2. I will be hard wiring all the boxes to Ethernet? Any issues with setup.. I have a high end network at home along with latest mesh wireless network. 3. If you have Ethernet connection to Xfiniti xi6 box, is there a delay to change channels. at rogers store, I noticed a 1.2 second load time to channel surf. The menu was real fast.. I am guessing this was wireless setup at rogers store. 4. How is the Picture quality compared to Rogers 4k digital cable box?