Rogers Ignite TV Installation/Experiences/Questions

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Rogers Ignite TV Installation/Experiences/Questions

Spoiler
"While the Ignite box is very powerful from search perspective, there is in my opinion functionality missing that was present in Navigatr and should be part of the Ignite service. For example, you could review the guide a week out, and or schedule a program to record on a specific day, at a specific time. For some reason you cannot choose to record at a specific time. If theses functions exist, I haven’t figured out how to do it.    "

While in the guide: place your highlight over the channel on the left, press the record button. From there you can specify start/end times and date for that specific channel.
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@Biollw wrote:

" we cannot transfer your home phone number from Ignite TV back to cable TV.

I was told you can port out your phone number to third party provider. So then why could you not then port it back into Cable TV home phone once it has gone to third party and you have switched back to cable TV?

Oh, I'm sure you could...

This has more to do with the design of their administration systems. I'm sure there's no button to port a number from the Comcastic billing system to the old-school systems, and the danger is that if it's just cancelled in the Comcastic system, the number will magically be released and there's no way to get it back. But if you already ported it to somebody else first, then they can just use the normal port-in button in the old-school system just like if you were moving from Bell or whoever...

I'm Here A Lot

Thanks for the input and I will check to see if that is the problem. It is interesting that I do not have these types of issues with my APPLE TV box and or my Android box.
I'm Here A Lot

Good info... however my problem is I want to record the same program every day at a "certain" time. With the ignite service the program airs 3 times a day and records all 3. I cannot get it to record only one. The Navigatr system had this. I will try to see if this work around achieves the same results.
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

I tested an Apple 4k and a 4k Nvidia Shield prior to getting Ignite TV.  I was interested in picture quality and apps in the hope of dropping cable. The quality was great on both devices but I couldn't watch live TV without a cable subscription.  So I figured what was the point?  Might as well stick with Rogers.  I am familiar with Kodi and paid IPTV services.  Kodi links keep dropping out and paid IPTV while cheaper is not as good as cable in picture quality.  I would rather pay more for picture quality than more channels. The one thing that Rogers and Bell could learn from grey area paid IPTV is their catchup feature.  You can watch shows from 7 days back on most of these services and you can FF through the commercials!  In review...I want Netflix, Crave to be Hulu Plus and a Netflix like Sports app with all Live and recorded sports in 4k/HD.  Dazn is trying but it doesn't have enough North American content yet.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@pitfall21 wrote:

The one thing that Rogers and Bell could learn from grey area paid IPTV is their catchup feature.  You can watch shows from 7 days back on most of these services and you can FF through the commercials! 

The issue with that is licensing and other legal issues.

If you look on Rogers on Demand, you'll notice that some channels' content is available for longer and tends to have fewer commercials. I've long gotten the sense that those channels are those owned by Rogers-friendly owners, whereas, say, Bell-owned CTV only has 2-3 back episodes and a LOT of commercials...

I Plan to Stick Around

@Drfe99 wrote:
Good info... however my problem is I want to record the same program every day at a "certain" time. With the ignite service the program airs 3 times a day and records all 3. I cannot get it to record only one. The Navigatr system had this. I will try to see if this work around achieves the same results.

Yes I complained about the same thing. Navigator you could record a show name this time slot only. Now you can not. If I record New at 6 I also get it at 11pm. Don't want it from 11pm or any other time.

So I just go out two weeks and record 6pm news on an individual bases.

This poses problems with other shows when stupid third party networks get ya by indicating it is new when it is not and they air it 42 times this week at all hours.

I Plan to Stick Around

Ask the tech to show you the speeds: coax, wired, wireless computer at a distance, cell phone anywhere.
IMO, you need at least 60mbps for cellphones and wired and 30mbps for computers. This is minimum.
However, your TV problems indicate poor coax speed entering the home.
Before tech visit contact tech supp and all them to check your speeds and tell them the problems are consistent and not intermittent.
I'm Here A Lot

Biollw, it funny you mention the news as that is the exact same program that lead me to the problem. In Toronto, the news at 12:00PM 6:00PM and 11:30PM has the same name so Ignite records all 3 programs all the time!. I don't see why I should have to manually record the 6PM news one at a time!

I Plan to Stick Around

@Drfe99 wrote:

Biollw, it funny you mention the news as that is the exact same program that lead me to the problem. In Toronto, the news at 12:00PM 6:00PM and 11:30PM has the same name so Ignite records all 3 programs all the time!. I don't see why I should have to manually record the 6PM news one at a time!

Either one of two things need to be changed 1. The station should name each news cast uniquely  or 2. Rogers should change to allow "this show in this time slot only" just like navigator does.

Fat chance of getting the station to rename their shows cause they like it when you record it all.

Even slimmer chance of rogers changing the feature in ignite tv because I don't think they have ANY control over the programming of the ignite boxes. I think they have to take them the way they are from comcast. Only allowing rogers to add apps, no feature or programing changes allowed.

My 2 cents.