Rogers Ignite TV - Alternate wifi/connection possibilities

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Rogers Ignite TV - Alternate wifi/connection possibilities

@Gdkitty wrote:

3) Wired should be just plug in either way.  wireless, if your attaching via bridged mode, will have to go into the wifi menu  via:
Exit for 5 seconds, down, down, 9434

Actually, access to go into the WiFi is: Exit for two to five seconds, down, down, 2

the code that you have quoted is for pairing a remote to a set top box.

I Plan to Stick Around

That should read "WiFi diagnostic menu..."
I'm Here A Lot

If you have ignite 500 using 4582 white Rogers gigabit modem, could it be used with Ignite TV Xi6 STB?

I'm Here A Lot

Also, can you subscribe to Ignite TV service and retain your cable boxes on regular TV on other sets in the home?

Can you also retain your existing Rogers Home Phone service when Ignite TV is added to your home?  You might need to do this to retain your multiple Voicemail boxes feature which I don't think is available on the XB6 VOIP service.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Keeping the other stuff.. no.
Well, at least not normally.

The system will only allow  you to have one 'service' on the account.  To add Ignite, it will need to remove any other cable/internet.. and I think home phone too.
The internet has to be through the new modem.  (though it is about on par with the coda ones so far, so no real loss there other than only 2 ethernet ports)

Yeah, not sure on the multiple mailbox thing.

I think the only way you might be able to even possibly retain both... is by putting the ignite on a completely separate account.
Many regular houses, which are set up as MDUs, are allowed (and actually legally SHOULD) have two separate accounts, modems, services in there.  

I Plan to Stick Around

You can retain your existing Home Phone service and number, but they will remove the MTA and the phone service will originate from the new modem itself. You won't be allowed to keep your legacy cable boxes unless you own them, although they will be removed from service since they do not allow both platforms on the same account.

I've Been Here Awhile

I’m in Clarington

Tech install was good. Other than putting filters on my coax for to put the incoming signal in the “sweet spot” he wasn’t necessary. I am a bit tech savvy

I wanted to stay bridged and continue using my separate Router but tech said it won’t work. Which I questioned but went with it until I learned more about my new setup.

Anyways. Standard set up modem/router combo is junk from Rogers if you want this Ignite TV to run smooth.

I bridged after a week. Constant disconnecting of smart home devices, smartphones/iPads. Poor traffic control on consoles, poor connection to tv and having to reboot the modem every other day.

My set up is as follows. Bridged arris Rogers Ignite modem, TP-Link Archer c9. Main level tv box is LAN, bedroom WAN. Xbox one main level LAN, bedroom WAN. Two Wi-Fi light switches, ExoBee thermostat. Couple iPhones and iPads, Budweiser Hockey Light and a couple laptops. .( Open NAT always on both Xbox1 with upnp enabled) IPv6 WAN set DHCPv6 non-temp address with auto ipv6 DNS. IPv6 LAN set SLAAC - with prefix 2607:fea8:7a1f:d180:/64

Separate 2.4G and 5G Wi-Fi “Network Names”. Ie . Networkname and Networkname5G.

On the Rogers ignite tv remote hold EXIT for 5 seconds then click Down Arrow twice and type 9434 and this will initialize the Wi-Fi connection process for the tv box. Connect all of your Rogers Ignite TV boxes to the 5G Networks ONLY. (Even if you are connect to LAN).

What I’ve learned;

Tech support at Rogers doesn’t have a clue about this system. They are told the tv box and modem have to communicate, I’ve tried to explain that’s not true but they have to follow the book.

CONSTANT PICTURE/CONNECTION ISSUES:
If you choose to stay with the Rogers modem combo you need to differentiate network names between 2.4G and 5G and connect to the 5G network only.

To access Rogers router

Admin
Password

I hope this helps people. I stopped reading after page 18 and decided to stop and post.

Other than having to go through trial and error myself and curse this Rogers setup and deal with tech support that doesn’t really know what’s going on I ABSOLUTELY LOVE this Rogers Ignite TV and internet

I don’t see self install until they figure out signal strength in service supporting areas. As they would have to send coax filters with the new hardware To achieve perfect signal. That seems very distant future. So if your avoiding the switch because of the install fee you will wait a long time. I purchased the gigabit internet and two hubs (1 free the other $5/mo) and they took $100 off my first bill for the install. I hear others got $150 refund.

Cheers

Sent from iPhone

I Plan to Stick Around

Hi,

I have the technicolor XB6 modem with the wifi turned off but not bridged, it is connected with my eero by Ethernet and my eero is what I connect to wifi from. I am just wondering if it will make my internet faster if I bridge the modem. And if I bridge it, will it affect my TVs, currently the TVs are connected to the eero.

Hello @sbeckenstein!

Good question! 

Your Eero network should be in Bridge mode, not your modem. Your modem still needs to be able to manage your network connections while your Eero network provides the WiFi. If you put it in Bridge mode, your modem will not be able to provide routing functions to your Eero network.

If you're having speed related issues, we can troubleshoot with you. Please PM us @CommunityHelps or post more information here so we can further assist if you are. If you're not familiar with our PMing process, you can find instructions here.

Regards,

RogersCorey

I Plan to Stick Around

The Rogers guy originally put the eero un bridge mode, but I undid it because I like the ability to block devices and schedule pauses in the eero app along with eero pis features. So if my eero isn’t bridged would it affect my iptv/will it make my speeds faster if I bridge it?
Topic Stats