Rogers Ignite TV - Alternate wifi/connection possibilities

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Rogers Ignite TV - Alternate wifi/connection possibilities

If the Xi6 is properly wired with CAT5 when powered on then it will connect using wired. If not then is will attempt to help you connect via WifI using WPS or you can connect Wifi manually. It gives you the option WPS or manual. 

You must key in your SSID and password. It does not come up with a list of available SSIDs.

I have 2 wired and 1 Wifi. 

I Plan to Stick Around

Same results as @StatsMan.  4/20 score while using default XB6 config.  Switching the XB6 to Bridge Mode and running my eero with IPv6 support scored 19/20.

I Plan to Stick Around

I had the Ignite TV install 24 August.  The tech did a regular install of the XB6 modem and a couple of Xi6 set top boxes using the modem’s WiFi.  Live, Recorded, On Demand and Netflix worked fine.

After the tech left, I installed I put the XB6 in bridge mode and connected an eero hub and two eero beacons to improve the WiFi.  I connected the set top boxes to the new mesh network.  Everything worked fine.

However yesterday after almost three weeks, I noticed the only channel working on either set top box is HGTV.  Recorded TV and Netflix still works but the remaining Live TV channels and On Demand has stopped.

I have power cycled the XB6 and Live TV works on the set top box for 5min and then it goes back to exhibiting the previous symptoms.

I have not called Technical Support because I have put the XB6 in brigdge mode.  I am wondering if anyone else has run into the same symptoms?

I Plan to Stick Around

I recall the tech using a sequence on the remote to see a diagnostic screen on the set top box.

It was something like:  [Hold ROGERS for 5s then Down Arrow twice].

Does anyone know what it is?

I Plan to Stick Around

I would try taking the XB6 out of bridge mode and then disabling WiFi on both 2.4 and 5Ghz channels. I believe that this is the mode that Rogers uses when they setup Eero mesh. I’ve setup my XB6 in this way using two ASUS routers set up in AiMesh mode and have had no issues
I Plan to Stick Around

It pains me to move away from the eero app, but I did a Restore Factory Settings on the XB6 and put the eero in bridge mode.  The set top boxes work for Live TV and On Demand now.

Still unclear as to why bridge mode worked for three weeks and then stopped working for all channels except for HGTV.

I Plan to Stick Around

Oh, for fork-sakes.

Yesterday’s changes worked perfectly well until this evening.  The set top boxes are back to the same problems: no LiveTV or On Demand.  Recorded TV and Netflix still works fine.  In fact, I can record a channel that is not working on Live TV and play it back 10s later and I can continue to watch that show almost live.

I Plan to Stick Around

@waverate wrote:

I recall the tech using a sequence on the remote to see a diagnostic screen on the set top box.

It was something like:  [Hold ROGERS for 5s then Down Arrow twice].

Does anyone know what it is?

[Hold ROGERS for 5s then Down Arrow twice] then the number 2 puts you into diag  screens.

I've Been Around

Creating this thread so we can separate any discussion about alternate methods of connectivity 
(if at all possible still, etc)

- Bridge Mode - is it capable of connecting the boxes to your own modem

- Wired connection

- How to connect these boxes in those methods.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

1) Yes it is.  Though some people have had to do a bit of work to get everything working (like the built in netflix, etc)  You will find instructions on people doing it in this thread.

2) Yes, either way (bridged or not) wired is more than possible to do.

3) Wired should be just plug in either way.  wireless, if your attaching via bridged mode, will have to go into the wifi menu  via:
Exit for 5 seconds, down, down, 9434

Topic Stats