Rogers Ignite TV - Alternate wifi/connection possibilities

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: Rogers Ignite TV - Alternate wifi/connection possibilities

Correct, at this time it’s 200hrs storage. Hopefully they will allow to buy more in the future.

Bandwidth, I would assume is not that different than something like Netflix, so up to 15mbps for 4K ?
Prob one reason the are only doing it on 500+mbps plans right now. See what it actually uses.

Right now there is no remote scheduling. But it looks like the app should be capable at some point.
(Tho I think j it’s gone from all Rogers apps now at this time Smiley Sad )
Remote playback does work though.

I Plan to Stick Around

Why would Rogers hide the manual configuration?

I Plan to Stick Around

Bridging XB6 (Arris TG3482G) and Ignite TV

Hey everybody,

Just wondering if anyone out there has successfully bridged the new XB6 modems and are able to retain full functioning Ignite TV?  I have a Asus RT-AC3100 router and have been attempting to set this up.  I am not sure what I am doing wrong but something is funny about the IPv6 configuration required.

If I use Native, DHCP-PD enabled, Stateless enabled the guide, menu, PVR, and apps all work but I get no live TV.  If I use Native, DHCP-PD disabled and specify the delegate prefix shown in the XB6 I get live TV but the apps don't work.

I have tried setting the ASUS to Stateful (the XB6 seems to specify stateful which is odd), none of my other clients in the house will get a IPv6 address.

Any insight is appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Stateful IPV6 hasn't worked since Asus released the .384 firmware versions.  The modem's user interface will show the IPV6 prefix, but, none of the connected devices receive an IPV6 address.  I'll have to check that with wireshark one of these days, but, an ipconfig command doesn't show any IPV6 addresses.  Stateless works fine. 

Food for thought, maybe the Xi6 requires a specific vlan in order to operate?  Wonder if tech support would have any idea?

I Plan to Stick Around

Hmmm, I am on the latest official firmware. Would you happen to know if stateful works on Merlins firmware?

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: Rogers Ignite TV Installation/Experiences/Questions

since people are reporting the modems can be bridged and the iptv boxes will work in bridge mode, does that means any internet traffic consumed by the iptv boxes in bridge mode count towards your data usage allotment or is it somehow excempt (aka net neutrality) from it by some software in the back end which checks the traffic used by this box and excempts it from your usage allotment be cause its an iptv box?

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

I don't believe so, as Merlin's Asuswrt is based on the original Asus files.  I haven't seen any complaints however, maybe due to the fact that no one with Merlin's Asuswrt uses Stateful IPV6.  I've been checking every new Asus version since .384 was released and complaining about it.  This latest release had some sort of IPV6 fix, but whatever it was, it didn't fix Stateful IPV6. 

Edit:  It might be worth an experiment just to see if Merlin has fixed it by accident.

I Plan to Stick Around

I think I’ll give it a try.

So am I right in setting DHCP-PD to disable and using the prefix in the XB6 and setting it to stateful?
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

If you mean the setting in the Asus router, it should be set to Native, with the DHCP-PD enabled so that the CMTS assigns the PD to the router.  Now, having said that, I never thought of trying to disable the PD and entering it manually to see if that resulted in the connected devices receiving their IPV6 address.  Thats another potential path to test, but, it worked fine up to the point where .384 was released.  I didn't have to fool around with anything, just set it to NATIVE, enabled the PD and set it to Stateful.  

There is an assumption to this, and that is that the PD itself will stay the same, no matter if you enable or disable the PD.  I don't know if that's a valid assumption or not.  Maybe the CMTS rolls the PD when devices connect.  I haven't really kept track of it.

Edit; have you called Tech Support to see if they have any info on bridging the XB6, specifically, what the Xi6 requires to operate?

I Plan to Stick Around

I did talk to tech support and all they would say is that while it is possible to bridge the modem, Comcast doesn't recommend it and they claim it can be flakey.  The guy I spoke to just told me to put the XB6 back into gateway mode.

As you pointed out, the ASUS seems to have a bug in the firmware and I am starting to think that my issue may simply with my ASUS router not handling the stateful configuration correctly.  I don't have another brand to test with but would be interested in hearing from anyone else that actually has it working with their make and model.  It seems pretty straightforward but I can't get it to work.

Topic Stats