Rogers HD Channels Black Because of Lobby Camera Channel Frequency

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Rogers HD Channels Black Because of Lobby Camera Channel Frequency

I am getting a black screen on channels 590 (OWN HD) , 592 (MuchMusic HD) and 596 (W HD). I had read on other forums about how this is likely related to a conflict in the frequencies these channels are carried on and condo lobby security cameras, which transmit on channel 998.  So I called Rogers, and despite my insistence that this had to do with lobby camera frequency, they sent a technician who spend over an hour checking signal strengths and the things they usually check for. He finally reached the conclusion that I might be right, but the issue was not in his knowledge base. A few days later, I heard from someone at Rogers acknowledging that this had to do with the lobby cam (which itself doesn't work on the 4642 and 8642 because it is analogue), but it is something that has to be resolved literally building by building so it could take quite some time. 

This was an issue a couple of years ago with some other channels (History HD was one of them) and it was eventually resolved by Rogers changing the frequency they resided on to avoid the conflict. I don't know why they have made the same mistake again, and why they can't resolve the issue by again moving these channels to a non-conflicting frequency - or even to SDV. I imagine there are plenty of other subscribers who are affected by this and not receiving all the channels they are paying for.

***Edited labels***

Solved! Go to Solution.
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Rogers HD Channels Black Because of Lobby Camera Channel Frequency

Just confirming that this exact problem still exists in my condo here in Ottawa, and has existed since those HD channels were created.  FYI, the lobby watch camera transmits on analog cable TV channel 69, which is from 492 Mhz to 498 Mhz on the cable.

I turned on diagnostics in my Cisco 8642HD set top box to figure out which QAM frequencies the affected digital channels use, but unfortunately they don't show the frequency until the tuner has locked in.

I'm a Trusted Contributor

Same here Bob. I'm also in the same boat. Luckily, I only sort of care about 592. I'm just hoping that this will not affect any other future HD channels I may actually care about.
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Hopefully the apartments will switch over to digital cams eventually, illiminating the issue all together 🙂

I'm a Trusted Contributor

Finally I have Much Music in HD. No more black screen as of today.