Rogers Grid 509 constant pixalating and stuttering sound

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Rogers Grid 509 constant pixalating and stuttering sound

I sometimes use the Grid channel (509) to watch, say two baseball games at once or hockey and Raw at the same time. Whatever. I've noticed the last several week the channel has been pixelating with choppy audio, sometimes to the point of freezing up completely.  (The actual channels are fine if I click through to them).

When I call Rogers the rep can see the same issue, but they can only submit  a ticket. So a day later (well after I WANTED to watch something on the Gird) I'll get an email saying "my problem is resolved". 

It's happening again tonight. Any ideas what's going on?

***Edited Labels***

Re: Rogers Grid 509 constant pixalating and stuttering sound

Hello, @timlemieux1

Thank you for your post. I was not able to replicate the issue on my side, all 6 channels are showing well and I haven't noticed any audio or video issues. Have you noticed similar symptom on any other channel?

Anybody else in the Community experiencing similar issue?

Thanks,

RogersMoin

I've Been Here Awhile

Still doing it for me. The whole Grid actually froze for a few seconds just now, and then started moving again in its pixelating way.  I might get 30 seconds to a minute, here and there where's its OK...and then it pixelates again.

No problem with other channels. And if I click one of them on the Grid, it's fine. It's just when all 6 are on display that there's a problem.

I've rebooted the box. Didn't help.

Hello, @timlemieux1

I can run diagnostics on your TV box and check the signal levels for channel 509. Addressing this issue involves in accessing your account. I’m going to send you a private message from CommunityHelps. Please check our message via the envelope icon that appears on the top right-hand side of your screen when you are logged in to the forums.

Thank you for understanding.

RogersMoin

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

My guess, would still be signal related then likely.

Signal is fine when its tuning into one individually.. but when doing the GROUP of them.. your pulling a lot more feeds at once..
Total overall signal may not be handling it.

I've Been Here Awhile

Makes sense. What's the solution to that? It's working OK this morning, but I have no doubt it will start acting up the next time I want to use it (e.g. when the baseball playoffs start)

I'm an Advisor

Hello,

The solution would be to have this logged with Rogers technical support and to insist that they dispatch a technician. Have tech view the issue, then allow him to check signal strength, etc etc. 

If he leaves and the problem persists, call technical support again and let them know that the issue has not been fixed - keep doing this and push until you get the issue fixed. 

Please let us know what happens!

I've Been Around

I have had the same issue.  Seems to work ok in the morning but by the afternoon the problem shows again.   Was there a resolution to this problem.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Again, this may come down to a SIGNAL issue.

THat its ok in the morning, there may be LESS people using the TV in the area, so less strain on the cable system in the area.

If its that much bussier in the afternoon/eve (people comming home, etc), could be putting a bigger strain on the lines and therfore a slight signal drop, which then could effect things.

Best would be, as sugested above, to call in and have them check the signal levels when you are having the issue.

I've Been Here Awhile

My Grid doesn't work at all, and hasn't worked for a month. I called customer service, they said they will send me an email when its fixed.