cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rogers Dropping AMC

Stinkylouise
I've Been Here Awhile
"Occasionally, we make changes to our channel offerings to reflect the evolving viewership trends of our customers. Starting January 1, 2020, AMC will no longer be available as part of your TV package. If you pay a separate monthly service fee for this channel, you will no longer see this charge on your bill as of this date. We understand that a change like this can be frustrating and we apologize for the inconvenience."

**Labels Added**
160 REPLIES 160

Re: Rogers Dropping AMC

Gdkitty
Resident Expert

@toolcubed 

Those may not be impacted, yet.  As their license for AMC is completely different and separate than rogers.. if its not up yet.. may not be the same issues... or they may choose to pay MORE for it, if thats what the issue is, etc.  

@jjjjy7 
This only effects people who are still on the legacy VIP packages.   They can still get it, it just wont be bundled and they would have to pay for it separately.
As far as I am aware, it wouldnt effect people who are on OTHER digital TV packages.
And doesnt effect Ignite customers.

jjjjy7
I Plan to Stick Around

@GdkittyAMC is a flex channel with Ignite TV, so if I am interpreting @RogersLaura comments, we will lose it all together.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

I think we need further clarification from Rogers on this matter. Does it only affect some people (Digital VIP for example) or does it affect everyone.  

I reviewed my last 3 bills and there's no announcement regarding AMC.  I'm on Rogers Premier.  The loss of AMC for "everyone" would be a "big deal".

OLDYELLR
I'm a Senior Advisor

I don't see that announcement on my last few bills. Would it be on on the November bill? The latest I can see is Oct 15, 2019.

Rogers PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario

Stinkylouise
I've Been Here Awhile

Yes>

It's on the November bill.