Rogers Dropping AMC

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
julray
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Rogers Dropping AMC

You need to stop this propaganda.. we already had a private discussion and you confirmed it is no cheaper and for lesser services. Nobodies happy with Rogers for doing this, but at the same time there's no point in misleading others. 

Ian_C1
I Plan to Stick Around

Propaganda?

It IS way cheaper than what I am paying now ($217/month).  My local town Facebook group is FULL of people asking how to find an alternative to Rogers, and without fail, everyone that has switched to the company expanding into my own neighbourhood in the next few months has been much happier and commented on terrific service and rates. 

The "greater" services I am giving up are 100% irrelevant to me.  I'm currently at 100 mbps, and that's fast for what I use it for.  I'll be increasing to 250.  Oh yay, Rogers can get me to 500, or even 1000.  Who cares?  I'm still 2.5x faster than what I get now.  Who needs it at 1 gbps?  Someone with extreme ADHD?  They get me two PVR's - don't care, as I have only 1 TV.  2 pods, whatever those are.  $100 gift card - sorry, I'm not being bought off with that.

I'll be paying $133/month - but remember, they have told me I can have it at $120/month to take the business from Rogers.  The package you described to me is advertised on Rogers website at $159.99/month.  You negotiated yours down significantly from that, as I have done with the service I'll be using.

Honestly, at $2 more per month than you're paying, the "benefits" I'm missing out on are just not worth those savings to me.  I'm looking at almost $100/month less than I pay now, for internet faster than I currently get, from a company I have not grown to despise like I have with my current provider.  I don't think I have misrepresented anything. 

julray
I Plan to Stick Around

Here's the plans offered by the company you keep mentioning;

1GB mbps 188/mth and only 1 PVR + locked in for 2 years contract

250MB mbps 155/mth 1 PVR + your locked in for 2 years contract

+ their modems do not have wifi capability?? 

+ how long is the local companies contract with AMC? I can see them running into the same problem as Rogers and Bell when renewing

The 120/mth service offered by the company you are referring to does not even compare to the 118/mth service I am now getting from Rogers... so let's not compare, it's not apples to apples. 

You say you pay over 200/mth right now with Rogers. What does that include?

Pauly
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

This is becoming WAAAAAYYYYYYY off topic.  if you do not like the fact that Rogers is possibly  dropping AMC then its YOUR choice to cancel and go to another cable or IPTV or Satellite company.  We are just saying be careful what you wish for, its already reported that Bell is dropping AMC as well, if the company you go to may decide to drop it as well your not getting ahead.  maybe yes you will be saving some $$ but that was not what this post is about this post is not about saving $$$ its about people who want AMC,  you are free to make a post discussing comparing prices with competition but to talk about it here is kind of off topic and defeats the purpose of this discussion, we believe you that you want to save money, we are just saying this is not the appropriate post to share it

RogersCorey

Thanks @Pauly!

Yes, this is getting off-topic.

Please keep the conversation in this thread on the topic of AMC specifically. Any further discussion regarding competitor's services will be removed as being off-topic.

If you wish to discuss another provider's services, please take it to PM. 

Regards,

RogersCorey

julray
I Plan to Stick Around

Please advise how you are compensating customers for the removal of AMC!

RogersCorey

Good news Community!

We are pleased to announce that we have reached a fair agreement with the content provider to continue offering the AMC channel to our customers.

Regards,

RogersCorey

View solution in original post

aa210
I've Been Here Awhile

Great to hear.

This was bound to happen.

I'm sure Bell will do the same.

OLDYELLR
I'm a Senior Advisor

Good to hear.  Not wanting to keep AMC because became more more popular, and thus more costly for Rogers, was not such a bright decision.  I'm sure the customer outrage at the suggestion swayed Rogers' change of mind.  It makes you wonder whether getting customers involved by announcing it would be dropped helped or hindered Rogers in getting a fair deal.

Rogers PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
bla2342342342
I Plan to Stick Around

Thanks guys for continuing to carry AMC. It’s a hard place to be in: speciality channel providers wanting more money for carriage rights while people continue to cut the cord. It’s not an easy position but glad both parties could make it work.