Rogers Dropping AMC

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
julray
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Rogers Dropping AMC

Any provider is at risk of dropping your favourite tv show or some other content. People really need to start thinking outside of the box, actually it's been around for many years now, you can get whatever tv show/movie you want, no need to depend on rogers/Bell tv. You can't trust these companies, they are constantly nickeling and diming it. How many of you have been overcharged on your bill? I have several times. How hard is it this day and age develop an accurate dependable billing system?.... it's thievery. So sick of the scripted blanket statements, sure it's nice to hear Rogers is attempting to work out a deal. However what's their contingency plan if they do drop AMC.. that's what i want to hear. How are they going to fill that gap? Rogers needs to be more proactive regarding this matter.

sandy69
I Plan to Stick Around

I think their plan is to let you choose another channel to fill the gap. However that's not the point I'm trying to make. I pay for a certain pkg. deal with certain channels and that's what I want.  If everyone has the attitude to just let them get away with taking channels away and raising the bill a few bucks every so often then it's our own fault for not speaking up and politely asking questions why. This channel AMC is our favorite and that's what I pay for and that's what I expect to get.  I don't want to have to go searching for our programs via other methods. I want to turn on the TV and it's there where I expect it to be. Rogers is making  a huge profit and they don't want to pay  a little extra for the channel but in the long run they could lose  money if people leave, I have been a customer of Rogers since they only charged $3.50 a month for cable. I would hate to leave but I feel I'm right about standing up and speaking out so I would leave if they take AMC away from us.

david47
I've Been Here Awhile

Exactly!!!
julray
I Plan to Stick Around

Choose another channel to fill in the gap? Yes but filling that gap will not be easy. Filling the gap with a fireplace 2 channel is not really filling the gap. This is why I am asking what their plan is if dropping AMC, providing a replacement channel is not an option. 

julray
I Plan to Stick Around

Also if you anybody is really upset about Rogers taking away AMC because it's their favorite channel, then just leave. There are many options to watch the new episodes of the TWD if you have internet. That's what I would do anyway. I wouldn't be switching to Bell though.. could be in the same boat down the road. If AMC is overcharging so much that Rogers decided to drop it, what do you think Bell is going to do when their contract is up? Personally I would be sending a message to AMC and Rogers, there are ways to watch the TWD if it that's important to you.

Datalink
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

For all concerned with this, looks like Bell has announced that their dropping AMC as well:

https://twitter.com/Bell_Support/status/1205190761702023168

My guess is that AMC is taking a hard line in negotiations right now, maybe because TWD isn't as popular as it once was. 

julray
I Plan to Stick Around

Exactly as I thought, if Rogers is not willing to dish it out to keep AMC, why would Bell? So what's everybody going to do now who were going to drop Rogers for Bell? Dumb marketing move by Bell to announce so early..lol

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@julray wrote:

Dumb marketing move by Bell to announce so early..lol

Bell are probably required to provide certain advance notice unless the item is totally beyond their control.  It was mentioned earlier in this thread that people should not expect Bell to automatically carry AMC once the contract was up.

Ian_C1
I Plan to Stick Around

The company I signed up with is just expanding into our area, is installing their own fibre lines (not piggybacking on Rogers or Bell), and carries AMC, at way less than the two big ones are charging.

While I wait a few more months for that work to be installed, I'm switching to one of those smaller companies that uses Rogers lines.  I need to ask them if they can still offer AMC if they're using Rogers lines, but even if they can't, I'll take the nearly $100 less per month anyway.  Rogers is on limited time with me.

I'd share names - but my previous comments that did were edited.

julray
I Plan to Stick Around

"Bell are probably required to provide certain advance notice unless the item is totally beyond their control.  It was mentioned earlier in this thread that people should not expect Bell to automatically carry AMC once the contract was up."

Possibly.. but if that was the case I would expect a more formal statement, not a tweet.