cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rogers Dropping AMC

Stinkylouise
I've Been Here Awhile
"Occasionally, we make changes to our channel offerings to reflect the evolving viewership trends of our customers. Starting January 1, 2020, AMC will no longer be available as part of your TV package. If you pay a separate monthly service fee for this channel, you will no longer see this charge on your bill as of this date. We understand that a change like this can be frustrating and we apologize for the inconvenience."

**Labels Added**
160 REPLIES 160

Re: Rogers Dropping AMC

I see it on my Rogers account. I'm dropping Rogers. Been contemplating getting rid of cable TV altogether anyhow ....don't watch much besides Walking Dead these days anyhow. This is the push I needed. And if they can't supply me internet under $100 a month I'll get that elsewhere .

h0m3rs1mps0n
I've Been Around

If they do this, they'd better bloody well compensate me for the loss.

Otherwise, I'm kicking Rogers to the curb.

This is the last straw.  Don't push me.

chomyn
I Plan to Stick Around

There was Comedy Gold, Cosmo, IFC, FYI, and now AMC... just in the past month.  More proof Cable TV, Satellite and Live TV is dying a slow death.  In the next 10-20 years I can see it totally gone.

quantumleap
I've Been Around

I eagerly await hearing what will replace AMC in my package. Like others here, I am now actively researching other internet, phone and TV providers. I'm worth about 400 bucks a month to Rogers. It seems that Rogers is willing to risk that in order to play chicken with AMC. Seems poorly thought out.

Good evening Community,

Thanks for your feedback! We are working hard to reach a fair agreement and are hopeful for a positive outcome to continue offering the channel to our customers.

We are optimistic that AMC will remain part of our channel line-up after as of 11:59 p.m. ET, December 31, 2019.

We'll share more information once it becomes available. Stay tuned!

RogersMaude

Ian_C1
I Plan to Stick Around

Well, I'm happy to hear it's being worked on, but it's too late.

The original announcement got me to start looking elsewhere - and I found alternatives that offer me only slightly less than I get with Rogers, but for almost half the price.  The long term deal is with another company I registered with TODAY that is expanding into my area but not quite ready to go, and while I wait for that to become active, I'll be making another phone call tomorrow to another alternative that also gives me all I need at a far cheaper rate.

Sorry Rogers - I've been with you for several years after you bought our small local cable company, but I've just had enough of the crazy rates, intermittent losses of my internet connection, several TV channels that fail to load consistently, and a customer service that is an absolute nightmare to contact.  The AMC issue was the final nail in the coffin, and you're history.

I'd help others that feel the same way.  Not surprising, but it just solidifies my resolve to go elsewhere.

margie3
I've Been Around

the Walking Dead is my favorite show....I will not be able to see part b of the whisperers war in Feb.2020.    The middle of the season of a series and have the channel canceled?   There are not any flex channels that I wish to change it with.  I like better call saul as well....Who will be providing AMC?  The only reason I chose the popular package....very disappointing.  Just found out after reading the Star.  May have to change providers.  I really liked ignite tv...too bad..

OLDYELLR
I'm a Senior Advisor

@RogersMaude wrote:

We are optimistic that AMC will remain part of our channel line-up after as of 11:59 p.m. ET, December 31, 2019.

We'll share more information once it becomes available. Stay tuned!

RogersMaude

Looking forward to good news after I got the notice that it would be cancelled from my VIP.  If it's removed as promised, there's even less incentive to stay with cable when I'm looking on the Internet for more and more shows I used to watch.

Rogers PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario

Maddysmom
I Plan to Stick Around

I really hope Rogers comes to a deal with AMC and keeps the channel as part of their channel line up. AMC is one of the most watched channels and has amazing shows that won't be available anywhere else if AMC is dropped. Shows like The Walking Dead, Killing Eve, Better Call Saul, NOS482, Preacher just to name a few. If Rogers refuses to reach a deal with AMC, they will end up losing a lot of customers. The feedback/comments here are very telling. WE WANT AMC!! 

Given that you are reducing my services, shouldn't I see a reduction in my monthly service fee?

Maddysmom
I Plan to Stick Around

Don't hold your breath on that one. This is Rogers' M.O - drop services, up the rates

OLDYELLR
I'm a Senior Advisor

Each time Rogers removes a channel, they start the notice with,

"Occasionally, we make changes to our channel offerings to reflect the evolving viewership
trends of our customers..."

But there's always an uproar and complaints from customers when channels are removed, never people saying, that's fine, I didn't watch that anyway and don't mind that you remove it.  I don't see how that reflects the evolving  viewership. The only evolving viewership trends I see is people moving away from Rogers due to the diminishing content and rising prices. Is this Rogers plan?

david47
I've Been Here Awhile

I feel the same way, I love those two programs and they are not shown on any other network. If AMC is dropped, I will drop Rogers for Bell!

OLDYELLR
I'm a Senior Advisor

The whole world of watching "TV" is changing. With smart TVs you no longer have to watch on a computer, tablet or cellphone. You can sit back and watch everything on your big flat screen TV.  And it doesn't have to be just cable TV. On my Samsung smart TV I watch Rogers Cable, Netflix, Amazon Prime Video, a lot more, and  a load of movies and missed TV episodes I get from torrents. If Rogers offerings are to stay viable, they have to successfully compete with everything else out there. So far all I have seen is reduced content and increased prices. Not a viable business plan as far as I can see. Granted, a lot of not-so-tech-savvy people will stick with Rogers Cable and pay the price anyway, but the world is changing and Rogers needs to stay ahead of it to survive.

david47
I've Been Here Awhile
I agree 100%

Greetings Community and @vcr!

As mentioned by RogersMaude in post #68 of this thread, we are working hard to reach a fair agreement and are hopeful for a positive outcome to continue offering the channel to our customers.

We will let the Community know the outcome as soon as we know. 👍

Thanks to everyone for your continued patience, we appreciate it. 

RogersLaura

sandy69
I Plan to Stick Around

I for 1 will be leaving Rogers as soon as I can. AMC is our main channel to watch. We will be going with a provider with a better reputatation for pleasing their high paying customers. When you subscribe to to a pkg. because it has certain channels they should not be allowed to take it away from you .

julray
I Plan to Stick Around

Any provider is at risk of dropping your favourite tv show or some other content. People really need to start thinking outside of the box, actually it's been around for many years now, you can get whatever tv show/movie you want, no need to depend on rogers/Bell tv. You can't trust these companies, they are constantly nickeling and diming it. How many of you have been overcharged on your bill? I have several times. How hard is it this day and age develop an accurate dependable billing system?.... it's thievery. So sick of the scripted blanket statements, sure it's nice to hear Rogers is attempting to work out a deal. However what's their contingency plan if they do drop AMC.. that's what i want to hear. How are they going to fill that gap? Rogers needs to be more proactive regarding this matter.

sandy69
I Plan to Stick Around

I think their plan is to let you choose another channel to fill the gap. However that's not the point I'm trying to make. I pay for a certain pkg. deal with certain channels and that's what I want.  If everyone has the attitude to just let them get away with taking channels away and raising the bill a few bucks every so often then it's our own fault for not speaking up and politely asking questions why. This channel AMC is our favorite and that's what I pay for and that's what I expect to get.  I don't want to have to go searching for our programs via other methods. I want to turn on the TV and it's there where I expect it to be. Rogers is making  a huge profit and they don't want to pay  a little extra for the channel but in the long run they could lose  money if people leave, I have been a customer of Rogers since they only charged $3.50 a month for cable. I would hate to leave but I feel I'm right about standing up and speaking out so I would leave if they take AMC away from us.

david47
I've Been Here Awhile
Exactly!!!

julray
I Plan to Stick Around

Choose another channel to fill in the gap? Yes but filling that gap will not be easy. Filling the gap with a fireplace 2 channel is not really filling the gap. This is why I am asking what their plan is if dropping AMC, providing a replacement channel is not an option.