Rogers Dropping AMC

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Rogers Dropping AMC

Great job negotiating the deal! In the future it might be a good idea to communicate a little better.

Happy New Year Everybody!!

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

I am beyond happy about this. Thank you Rogers.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Rogers is keeping AMC, we can finally kill this post.
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Wait until after midnight....then we'll know for sure.

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Yep, it's still on my channel lineup and working..  But that's OK, I was going to cancel my cable when I was sent to Client Retention (they even say it to you) and was offered a deal I couldn't refuse.  I was paying $39 for cable and $99 for 130Mbps Internet.  They offered the same cable package and 300Mbps + free Crave and HBO for a month for $99.  Oh yeah!

You gotta play the game to get the deals.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Exactly, anybody paying an insane amount for monthly services, pick up the phone and call Rogers, ask for retention and tell them your monthly bill is much too high
Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

Great to hear but now we can all expect a rate increase for a chanel that was already included in the package. I'm sure Rogers will say thats not he reason but we all know better.
I Plan to Stick Around

If an increase happens because of AMC then I will call them out on that as well.

I'm retired and on a budget so  if my bill rises even $2  I call them and get it fixed.

Highlighted
I'm a Senior Advisor

My December bill said it will increase by $2 + tax after Feb. 20/2020. This is after my November bill said AMC would be dropped and now isn't. Don't know it that's just an annual inflationary increase or a coincidence. In any case. that bumps my cable bill over the $100 limit I've  set, so I'm now looking at a non-Rogers TV package from my ISP that will save me money by bundling with my phone and internet.

SA8300HD, SA8300SD, DTA50, LG-E410B PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Good luck Rogers! You can't please them all.  

I'm yet to find that dream alternative ISP everybody keeps talking about.. don't know why people would wait for $2 increase before leaving for a much better cheaper service??