Rogers Dropping AMC

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
vipdavid0
I've Been Here Awhile

Re: Rogers Dropping AMC

Just pony up the money Rogers are you trying to loose customers

jjjjy7
I Plan to Stick Around

T minus 10 days.

sandy69
I Plan to Stick Around

I've gathered up a whole list of other providers just in case. Then I have to make the critical choice. I hate going through this.

sandy69
I Plan to Stick Around

Has there been any new developements regarding the dropping of AMC??

I have been waiting patiently for some good news but nothing yet.

Pauly
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

to those people thinking about jumping ship to another cable company when rogers drops amc, be warned., you might be wasting your time, i also heard Bell is dropping AMC from their systems too, so it would suck if someone cancels rogers and goes to bell cus they got rid of AMC then finds out bell drops amc like a month after, thats a big burn and pain in the you know what and makes it kind of pointless to disconnect. ya think?

Ian_C1
I Plan to Stick Around

Nope, because some of us have inquired elsewhere besides the "major" players, and find cheaper rates and promises they have no intention of letting AMC go.

And if they do eliminate AMC?  Who cares - I'll still be paying cheaper rates.

Pauly
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

trust me, when people hear cheaper, theres probably a reason why. my friend jumped ship to one of those companies that offer a cheaper alternative to tv, but man he paid the ultimate price, you get what you pay for, sometimes cheaper means if you have a technical issue you have to email and wait 48 hours for them to resolve a ticket which is a cost saving measure or you can have it the way rogers does and speak to an actual human from a tech support department and troubleshoot the issue for you in real time. you get what you pay for. remember that. nothings free in life, everything has a cost associated with it.,

sandy69
I Plan to Stick Around

I'm all for cheaper rates but I still want AMC. I watch several shows on that channel 

sandy69
I Plan to Stick Around

I have never had a problem with service from Rogers. They have always been on spot for any problems I had and resolved them almost immediately. That's never been a concern of mine. So I'll still keep hoping until the last day but I will leave if they drop AMC.

Ian_C1
I Plan to Stick Around

If I'm saving this much per month, and the once every 3 year issue pops up, I can deal with a 48 hour wait for service.  I don't watch much TV anyway.

"Real time" to speak with a Rogers rep is a 1-2 hour conversation anyway.  You're either on hold on your phone, using up minutes, or being passed around (and put on hold again), or you do the live chat online, and wait FOREVER to get someone to answer.  I don't have that much time to waste most days.

Bottom line is, I am willing to settle for a couple of small and very infrequent issues in return for way cheaper rates and retaining the ONE channel I watch outside of live hockey broadcasts.  You want to stay with Rogers, go ahead, I couldn't care less.  I'm just waiting for the new year to get the replacement set up.