Rogers Dropping AMC

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
OLDYELLR
I'm a Senior Advisor

Re: Rogers Dropping AMC

@RogersMaude wrote:

We are optimistic that AMC will remain part of our channel line-up after as of 11:59 p.m. ET, December 31, 2019.

We'll share more information once it becomes available. Stay tuned!

RogersMaude

Looking forward to good news after I got the notice that it would be cancelled from my VIP.  If it's removed as promised, there's even less incentive to stay with cable when I'm looking on the Internet for more and more shows I used to watch.

Rogers PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
Maddysmom
I Plan to Stick Around

I really hope Rogers comes to a deal with AMC and keeps the channel as part of their channel line up. AMC is one of the most watched channels and has amazing shows that won't be available anywhere else if AMC is dropped. Shows like The Walking Dead, Killing Eve, Better Call Saul, NOS482, Preacher just to name a few. If Rogers refuses to reach a deal with AMC, they will end up losing a lot of customers. The feedback/comments here are very telling. WE WANT AMC!! 

vcr
I'm Here A Lot

Given that you are reducing my services, shouldn't I see a reduction in my monthly service fee?

Maddysmom
I Plan to Stick Around

Don't hold your breath on that one. This is Rogers' M.O - drop services, up the rates

OLDYELLR
I'm a Senior Advisor

Each time Rogers removes a channel, they start the notice with,

"Occasionally, we make changes to our channel offerings to reflect the evolving viewership
trends of our customers..."

But there's always an uproar and complaints from customers when channels are removed, never people saying, that's fine, I didn't watch that anyway and don't mind that you remove it.  I don't see how that reflects the evolving  viewership. The only evolving viewership trends I see is people moving away from Rogers due to the diminishing content and rising prices. Is this Rogers plan?

david47
I've Been Here Awhile

I feel the same way, I love those two programs and they are not shown on any other network. If AMC is dropped, I will drop Rogers for Bell!

OLDYELLR
I'm a Senior Advisor

The whole world of watching "TV" is changing. With smart TVs you no longer have to watch on a computer, tablet or cellphone. You can sit back and watch everything on your big flat screen TV.  And it doesn't have to be just cable TV. On my Samsung smart TV I watch Rogers Cable, Netflix, Amazon Prime Video, a lot more, and  a load of movies and missed TV episodes I get from torrents. If Rogers offerings are to stay viable, they have to successfully compete with everything else out there. So far all I have seen is reduced content and increased prices. Not a viable business plan as far as I can see. Granted, a lot of not-so-tech-savvy people will stick with Rogers Cable and pay the price anyway, but the world is changing and Rogers needs to stay ahead of it to survive.

david47
I've Been Here Awhile

I agree 100%
RogersLaura

Greetings Community and @vcr!

As mentioned by RogersMaude in post #68 of this thread, we are working hard to reach a fair agreement and are hopeful for a positive outcome to continue offering the channel to our customers.

We will let the Community know the outcome as soon as we know. 👍

Thanks to everyone for your continued patience, we appreciate it. 

RogersLaura

sandy69
I Plan to Stick Around

I for 1 will be leaving Rogers as soon as I can. AMC is our main channel to watch. We will be going with a provider with a better reputatation for pleasing their high paying customers. When you subscribe to to a pkg. because it has certain channels they should not be allowed to take it away from you .