Rogers Dropping AMC

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I'm a Reliable Contributor

Re: Rogers Dropping AMC

Was not shown on my November bill.  Does that mean I will keep receiving the channel?, lol

Highlighted
I'm a Regular

I got rid of my package that had AMC on it due to is costing too much so doesn't mean much to me... besides there's other ways to get shows from that channel.   😉

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Well, I only just saw this announcement, as I was looking at my package.  I normally don't even view my bill for months at a time, so this would have been a not so nice surprise in February when TWD returns.

I have cable TV for two reasons - NHL and The Walking Dead.  Half of that will now be removed.

I pay over $200/month for cable/internet.

The internet has frequent blackouts for minutes at a time.  Some of my cable channels do not come through most of the time, always pixelated and no volume (ex. Leafs Nation Network).  Techs have had zero answer to why it happens, and I've put up with it forever (used to watch The Strain on FX before it as canceled, and that was the same issue).

I am still on their old HD VIP package.  I've heard of Ignite, but don't know much about it - it's internet cable as opposed to digital?  Do I need new hardware besides an Ignite cable box to replace the digital one?  My TV is just an HD flat panel, no smart TV stuff.  I've also discovered Ignite can get me internet at 10x the speed I have now, plus more channels (I believe) for CHEAPER than I currently pay for the old service - thanks for letting me know I'm unnecessarily paying more for less Rogers.  Standard for them though - when I canceled my home landline part of my package because I don't use a landline any more, the tech did that while FAILING to tell me it increased my monthly bill to do so.

Anyway, it doesn't matter.  If AMC is gone, I'm looking at other options.  Bell and whatever else is out there.  I haven't had Bell service in over 15 years and vowed to never go back - but I've had enough of the BS Rogers pulls.

If I can't find a cheaper option available to me - I'm just going to cancel my cable completely and use my unlimited internet to find anything I want to watch.  I should do that anyway - it would cut my bill in half.

Highlighted
I've Been Around

I see it on my Rogers account. I'm dropping Rogers. Been contemplating getting rid of cable TV altogether anyhow ....don't watch much besides Walking Dead these days anyhow. This is the push I needed. And if they can't supply me internet under $100 a month I'll get that elsewhere .
Highlighted
I've Been Around

If they do this, they'd better bloody well compensate me for the loss.

Otherwise, I'm kicking Rogers to the curb.

This is the last straw.  Don't push me.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

There was Comedy Gold, Cosmo, IFC, FYI, and now AMC... just in the past month.  More proof Cable TV, Satellite and Live TV is dying a slow death.  In the next 10-20 years I can see it totally gone.

Highlighted
I've Been Around

I eagerly await hearing what will replace AMC in my package. Like others here, I am now actively researching other internet, phone and TV providers. I'm worth about 400 bucks a month to Rogers. It seems that Rogers is willing to risk that in order to play chicken with AMC. Seems poorly thought out.

Highlighted

Good evening Community,

Thanks for your feedback! We are working hard to reach a fair agreement and are hopeful for a positive outcome to continue offering the channel to our customers.

We are optimistic that AMC will remain part of our channel line-up after as of 11:59 p.m. ET, December 31, 2019.

We'll share more information once it becomes available. Stay tuned!

RogersMaude

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Well, I'm happy to hear it's being worked on, but it's too late.

The original announcement got me to start looking elsewhere - and I found alternatives that offer me only slightly less than I get with Rogers, but for almost half the price.  The long term deal is with another company I registered with TODAY that is expanding into my area but not quite ready to go, and while I wait for that to become active, I'll be making another phone call tomorrow to another alternative that also gives me all I need at a far cheaper rate.

Sorry Rogers - I've been with you for several years after you bought our small local cable company, but I've just had enough of the crazy rates, intermittent losses of my internet connection, several TV channels that fail to load consistently, and a customer service that is an absolute nightmare to contact.  The AMC issue was the final nail in the coffin, and you're history.

I'd help others that feel the same way.  Not surprising, but it just solidifies my resolve to go elsewhere.

Highlighted
I've Been Around

the Walking Dead is my favorite show....I will not be able to see part b of the whisperers war in Feb.2020.    The middle of the season of a series and have the channel canceled?   There are not any flex channels that I wish to change it with.  I like better call saul as well....Who will be providing AMC?  The only reason I chose the popular package....very disappointing.  Just found out after reading the Star.  May have to change providers.  I really liked ignite tv...too bad..