Rogers Dropping AMC

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Re: Rogers Dropping AMC

I agree. 

Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

I was just about to get Rogers for my boyfriend's apartment.  The technician is supposed to come tomorrow.  Now we are deciding whether we should just cancel and lose the black friday deal... or wait and hope this gets sorted out - and cancel in January, if they don't sort it out.

Either way - we won't stay with Rogers, if they don't offer AMC. Their programming is amazing... and Rogers is crazy if they're willing to lose customers over this.

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

I watch mostly two things... the news and AMC.  Guess what will happen soon to my cable sub on Dec.30th?  I'll slap an antenna on the roof to get local channels, watch news channels through my Firestick on free apps and buy a sub with AMC directly.  There, done and I'll be saving a boatload of money.  There are lots of places to get content.  Cable is dead.

Why don't they get rid of completely useless channels like the Storage Wars channel, I mean OLN.  Seems like that's all that's on there.  We're paying for this garbage since we are forced to take it with whatever package we choose.

Edit:  Correction, you cannot subscribe to AMC Premier unless you already have AMC on your cable service, and they don't even list Canadian cable providers.  Dumb.  And they wonder why people go get it illegally.  Sell subs directly to people and cut out the cable middle man.

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Don't sign/agree to a plan and get locked in for X years!
Second half of TWD Season 10 starts February 23rd. Plan accordingly. I am!
#BuhByeRogers
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Back to Bell.
Highlighted
I've Been Around

Well that sucks!!! Is there anything we can do?
We recently moved and had an opportunity to switch TV providers and the only channel we made sure we were able to get when comparing to Bell was AMC. Too bad I didn't see this earlier.

Feedback: when using the Rogers app, you don't see these kind of announcements until you download the bill. There should be some announcement pop up or board that's easier to access.
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Sadly, as of Jan 1 2020, Rogers will no longer offer AMC as a channel and we will lose access to TWD. Off to Bell for me

All Rogers customers, regardless of their cable packages will be affected by this as Rogers will no longer be carrying AMC as part of their channel lineup at all as of Jan 1 2020. Stupid decision on their part as they will lose a LOT of customers over this decision.

yes, it is listed on the November bill. No more AMC at all on Rogers as of Jan 1 2020

I am sorry but for the prices Rogers charges their customers for less than stellar services, they can afford to renew with AMC and at least offer their customers something they actually want!

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

This is nothing more than a game of chicken, between Rogers and AMC, to see who will blink first.  Have a look at some of the search results from the last dispute in 2013:

https://www.google.com/search?q=Rogers+AMC+dispute&rlz=1C1PRFI_enCA774CA774&oq=Rogers+AMC+dispute&aq...

I'd expect to see more of this occur in the future.  With the advent of the Ignite TV system, Rogers will know exactly what you watch, when you watch it, if you record it and when you watch anything that has been recorded.  With those numbers available, Rogers will have the upper hand when it comes to any distribution negotiations with content owners.  Yup, its going to be an interesting future indeed. 

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

People still watch The Walking Dead? I would think the zombies are pretty much puddles by this point

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

I seriously doubt this decisions was fueled by lack of popularity of this network.. AMC is easily in the top 20. Rogers is making this decision despite what they know(analytics).