Rogers Dropping AMC

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Around

Re: Rogers Dropping AMC

Here we go, you sign up for their Ignite - then THEY decide what channels they can drop but offer no change in the billing. One of the main reasons I signed up was for AMC.  The notice is on the November bill.  Next thing you see will be the notice of higher rates to "serve me better".  Guess it's time to start looking at Bell. 

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

We just moved and had the opportunity to change over to Bell.....what a mistake.  I did not sign the one year contract for Ignite TV so not binding in my opinion.  Not first time Rogers take networks away all the popular ones....I am heaving mad!  Will be looking into Bell after this weekend.

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hey guys!

I have to agree with every single one here. If Rogers didn't negotiate and lost the rights to AMC ( Which they knew for months) then they should be able either offer waives for anyone that's cancelling ( bundle contracts) or give a small credit. Most watch AMC and this is causing Rogers to look bad.

I am thinking my self of cancelling cable services with Rogers to bell however I will see what happens when they launch their new products in the next year and decide then.

Until then I'll be speaking to Rogers about a discount of some sort or something. They did this before and kept AMC. Now removing it causing more headaches. Guess Rogers doesn't want to pay what AMC is asking for.. They have enough money. They can buy arenas and towers but can't offer a simple channel and pay up the price? It's about customer service not " let's take every penny we can from customers while offering them less".

If a new email / communication comes in with pricing going up? I'll be furious my self as they take things away and never add anything.

Just like SHM. Their equipment are 3-4yrs old and don't offer HD+ or UHF cameras but offer 720P cameras.... Yet ask for $60 a month..
Highlighted
I'm a Senior Advisor

@Meowmix wrote:

I am thinking my self of cancelling cable services with Rogers to bell however I will see what happens when they launch their new products in the next year and decide then.

Until then I'll be speaking to Rogers about a discount of some sort or something.

Don't hold your breathe for a discount to compensate for reduced service. You can be sure that when new products are launched they will have less content for more money than previously. I've resigned myself to that business plan and will be dumping Rogers Cable some time in the future. Everything Rogers is dropping is available for free with the internet and a smart TV.

Rogers PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

This is a total boneheaded move by Rogers. AMC's The Walking Dead accounts for half the reason why I even have cable in the first place. At least I can line up Bell in time for the new year. They've been soliciting me with addressed admail for the past six years which generally get ripped up and tossed in the trash. I guess it's time to open one of those envelopes.

C'mon Rogers, give yer heads a shake. #SaveAMC #SaveAMC #SaveAMC 

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Agree completely! Looking into Bell shortly
Highlighted
I've Been Around

I just found about Rogers getting rid of AMC. Is there anywhere I could stream the Walking Dead when it comes back in February? Or would I have to switch over to Bell?

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

There was no indication in the most recent bill of cable prices increasing, BUT if you use Rogers for internet services, apparently that's going up starting today (Dec 1st) by an additional $3/month plus taxes. 

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

If Rogers makes changes due to changing viewership trends, then why do I still see CBC in my available channel list?? 

*yes I am being facetious

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Well I'll have to start saving money to buy the series on either DVD or BluRay for TWD, FTWD and for the new spin off series.